A new fortnight brings a new challenge at The Christmas Kickstart, and it also brings a new elf!
For this challenge I'm delighted to welcome Marina from My Perfect Life and The Library Challenge.
Marina's The Library Challenge quickly established itself as one of my favourites when she launched it February 2018. It's for crafters who love reading (that would be me then) and the idea is that Marina picks a book as inspiration and everyone creates a card on that theme. Here's the cover/title that Marina chose for Challenge #12 - isn't it a beauty?
I'm sure you'll agree there's so much to inspire us cardmakers in this cover!
Here's what I came up with:
Card #1 features a sleepy VLVS elf leaning on some paper pieced presents - perhaps Santa has been working him too hard in the workshop!
I'm also going to link this little guy to CAS Christmas as their current challenge is Gifts.
My next two cards are very CAS and not my usual style, but I had fun making them.
I decided that I wanted elf shoes or similar on a card to pick up the shoe-making theme. I was delighted to spot this fabulous elf shoe stencil over at The Stencil Studio and knew I had to get it. I'm going to have so much 'Elf on the Shelf' fun with this at Christmas! The sentiment is from MFT.
I'm going to enter this card over at Shopping our Stash (The sentiment stamp is an oldie!) as the theme for this fortnight is Stencil Me This.
There's also a lovely stencil challenge over at A Place to Start - Stencil Me In: Use your Favourite Stencil. I think this one is already on my Top 10 of favourite stencils. Thanks for the push in that direction, Chana.
For my final card I focused in on the pretty, blue bead and the elf to create this very clean, graphic make.
The elf is from Stamping Bella and the sentiment from the fabulous, and much lamented, Waltzingmouse Stamps.
I hope you'll feel similarly inspired by this cover and that you'll come play along with myself and Marina for Challenge #12 at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge. I'm sure you'll also want to visit Marina's The Library Challenge to join her for her latest book-themed outing, which is inspired by a stripey read until June 15th.









23 comments:
Jo - what a delightful array of cards. And what a fun theme for this challenge. Looking forward to playing along...I do have some elves.
Wow, you really outdid yourself for this one! Love all of the cards - and I think if there's a stencil of elf shoeprints available, there must be a stencil out there for everything. :D
Wonderful trio of elf inspired cards, Jo. The first one with the snoozing elf is simply adorable. Beautifully colored in tradition festive colors. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas. x
That elf is adorable and he looks really tired! I think he deserves a rest! Love those elf prints too. I can see where you will have lots of fun with that stencil! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!
These are great elf cards, the one with the Christmas presents is so adorable (thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas with this one) and those footprints is so funny. I love your final quirky elf :)
Three brilliant cards.
I do think the first card is stunning - is VLVS the brand? (I feel I should know what it stands for!) I love how the scene is encapsulated in a circle , which is like glimpsing into a magic world.
The stencil is so unusual and great fun and you've used it perfectly.
You've smashed the upcoming trend for coloured backgrounds and uncoloured images. It looks quite quirky here with the sentiment and the spotty paper finishes it perefectly.
Thanks loads for the warm welcome as Guest Elf.
Jo you've given us so much to love today … first off, thanks for sharing Marina's Library Challenge - LOved that story as a child, btw!
You have so many elf stamps... i'm tickled by those footprints in the snow!! All adorable as can be!
=]
Heee lovin you Elf selection Jo! I might have an elf or two in my stash ;)
Totally loving that first elf - hilarious! Is he exhausted or did he drink too much, chuckle!
Three fab and very different versions of elf cards. I like your image, with paper piecing and the decorative sentiment on the first card. Your second one is a brilliant version of a quick make, the stencil is so fun with these elf footsteps! As for the third, I love how it’s a colored card, yet the image is left untouched, love the effect!
Your "Elfin" card is "Elfin" fabs! Very clean and visually striking! I would love to have you enter this in our "Stencil Me In" challenge at A Place To Start (https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com).
I love the elf on your first card is so beautifully colored. Again, the composition is perfect and the card is visually appealing!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah
Hi Jo, thanks for the visit over at mine. Your post is getting me a bit worried....Christmas Lol! However, you are right to get started and I may have to consider this myself. I have to say that I love Marina's method of inspiration and your cards are perfect. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx
I'm so glad I found the Library Challenge, and your elf cards are super cute - I love the elf shoes!
xxx
Hi, Jo,
You already know that I love your card! Ditto my comments from A Place To Start! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT
ELF SHOE stencil????
AND a cute / snarky sentiment???
I am alllllllll about this card sistah!!! It totally rocks!
Thanks for breaking out your stencils to play along with the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH!!
This is such a cute card and a great take on our stencil challenge over at A Place To Start! THanks so much for joining us!
Rachelle / DT
Still lovin' this card! The more I look at it, the more I love it! I love seeing good composition on projects and this one definitely checks all the boxes! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
A Place To Start Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog
I LOVE your cards, Jo!!! Great paper-piecing on your sleeping elf card; adore the elf shoeprint stencil design; and HAVE to have that hoot of an elf on your third design! And the sediment! Twinkle Twinkle is just another way to say Ho, Effing Ho, which is a family favorite here, lol!! Brilliant! Hugs, Darnell
They are wonderful Jo
the first one loovee your coloring and the Red so vibrant wow!
second one love the idea
Third one so cuute and so graphic I love your sketch
hugs
Monika
What a fun set of cards all perfect, hugs Pops x
All three cards are so fun!! LOVE the sweet elf having a few zzzzz's after all this hard work. :) Great image, wonderfully coloured and paper pieced. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!
Great variety of cards, Jo! I really love the first adorable card!
What a fab, fun and funky festive creation. The stencil is so beautifully inked and so effective. Such a great CAS make, thank you so much for sharing it with us at 'a place to start'. Tina Chianna DT
Post a Comment