Tuesday, 1 June 2021

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #51 - The Stocking were Hung by the Chimney with Care

It's time for another fun challenge here at Christmas Kickstart! It's less than six months to Christmas, people!

I'm delighted to be joined this month by the very talented Cindy C from Escape to Stamping. If you're not familiar with Cindy's work please head on over to her blog and take a look as her style is so pretty and feminine.


Our theme for this month is:

Challenge #51 - The Christmas Stockings 
were hung by the Chimney with Care 

Yes, it's all about Christmas Stockings - the chimney or fireplace is purely optional!

I kept things really simple for my first card with a piece of Tim Holtz Christmas paper plus some die cuts and a teeny stocking stamp from a magazine freebie.


To be honest I'm just not sure about card #2. 


I used a Sue Wilson die called Stocking Gift Card Holder but was really disappointed that the bell detail at the end of the stocking didn't cut. I rescued things with some snowflakes and stars, but it's just not doing it for me.

Rudolph has been shopping again and has a gorgeous festive stamp set as the prize for his Random Raffle.



Cindy and I really hope you'll feel inspired by this them and look forward to seeing your festive creations in the gallery!

6 comments:

ionabunny said...

I am sure it's more than 6 months to xmas!! I hope so anyway, my cucumbers are only just germinating bwahahahaahaa. I actually like the second card very much. Fab colours and very blingy. Hugz

I Card Everyone said...

Jo, I have had dies that didn't cut well, too - so frustrating! But you conquered the issue, beautifully! and I adore that teensy stocking, and every other thing about your first card!
=]

Dawn T said...

Two cute cards Jo. I hard it when dies don't cut properly. You made it look beautiful.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet stocking cards, Jo - looks like a fun challenge!!

Lynne in NI said...

Fab Christmas cards Jo, it's so annoying when dies don't cooperate, especially when they're not cheap to buy! I really need to get started, I don't think I've a single Xmas card made this year.

Trina P. said...

Wonderful twofers, Jo. The first is adorable and CAS-tacular. In contrast, your second is big and screams STOCKING… didn’t even miss the bell detail, so great save!