Wednesday, 2 February 2022

January 2022 Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Wooo hoooo, it's time for the January 2022 Card Chain Challenge Reveal!


We had 27 participants who exchanged cards across the globe this month, bringing our total number of cards exchanged thus far by to a rather awesome 3,532.
 
All the cards exchanged this month used at least one of the following options:

Colour Palette Option


(Exact matching is not required.)

Sketch Option



(Orient as desired.)


Theme Options: New / Scraps / Friendship


Product / Technique Options: Glitter or sequins / Embossing Folder


My recipient was Jeanne in Minnesota. I can't believe how quickly my card flew across to her part of the world as it seemed a very short time after I'd mailed it before she was in touch to say it had reached her.

I created a smooshy background with Distress Inks that were as close-ish to the colour palette. The flower is from Wildflower Stems Sizzlets set #664164 and the sweet sentiment is from Funky Fossil Designs Small Print #2.

My sender for this month was Lucille in New Jersey - her card is still on it's way, winging across the miles.

I hope you'll come and take a peek at all the gorgeous cards in this Reveal, and come join the fun by signing-up for our February Challenge. This is such a fun challenge as you send and receive beautiful handmade cards, and make new Blogland buddies from across the globe. 

12 comments:

Marianne said...

Love how you've used the vellum to soften the look and draw attention to the pretty flower die cut.
Marianne x

ionabunny said...

Great swoshy background and love that unassuming vellum layer. Great design. Hugz

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful! Loving all the wonderful details and gorgeous colors!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous flower, Jo, and I love your background too!! So pretty with the vellum circle feature!!

Tee said...

Love the background colors, makes the beautiful die cut flower pop!

Dawn T said...

A beautiful card Jo. Love the soft background colours.

papierelle said...

Wow, your design of the background is stunning and I like the idea to use vellum. Just beautiful!!!

Angelnorth said...

Love the softening vellum over the inky swooshiness and the clear sequins were prefect for this Jo - a lovely card!

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful background and I love how you have used the vellum to help highlight that wonderful die cut. I hope your card from Lucille arrives soon xx

Jeanne H said...

Being the lucky recipient of this card, I love it!!

Pia S said...

I think you’ve used the vellum wisely and it makes a difference on this card. Brilliant colors which sort of makes the white pop.

Lynne in NI said...

Ooooh beautiful card Jo! LOVE your background and the vellum panel sets it off perfectly!