Tuesday, 7 June 2022

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #63 - Pawfectly Pawesome Christmas



I'm delighted to welcome back the lovely Di as our elf for this month at Christmas Kickstart! We had a blast together when we played Christmas Snippets in November and so I just had to invite her back to inspire us all once again! 


Our theme for this month is 
Challenge #63 - Pawfectly Pawsome Christmas

We'd love to see anything with PAWS on your Christmas cards, please. Dogs, cats, mice, foxes, rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, bears and even weasels: are all welcome!

To see what Di made, please head on over to the Christmas Kickstart blog.

For my card, I just had to create something fun and feline. 


This card is such a mix of products! I started by using a mask and some stencil paste to make the brick wall. Then I die cut an oval from Gemini by Crafter's Companion Open Window and did a little trimming so I had a fireplace shape. I used an embossing folder to create the mantlepiece and logs, I stamped and coloured and snipped the gifts from a Hero Arts background stamp (no longer available) and finally stamped the cats and the sentiment from Simon Says Stamp Meowy Christmas. It took a while but was fun to do.

My second card makes use of another of the die cuts that Arlene sent me for our Slimline Challenge together last month. Once again, I inked and embossed the die cut.


The cats are from a magazine freebie and the sentiments are from my stash - so could be from anywhere! I do love the cat in the middle, don't you?

Rudolph has been busying hunting for a prize for his Random Raffle... and has done us proud with this gorgeous stamp set from Creative Expressions. The images are quite large and even nicer than they look in this picture, so why not play along with this challenge to go into his random drawer to win this prize?




Di and I both very much hope you'll come and play along with our fun, new challenge!

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Jo, that is exactly what I'd like to find in my Christmas stocking - Tom's, too!!
Adorable!
=]

Trina P. said...

Great fireplace scene! Those kitties in their stockings are adorable.

Dawn T said...

Two cute cards Jo. Love this challenge and your inspiring cards.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two darling kitty cards, Jo!! Can't wait to play along this month!!

Arlene said...

Oh my gosh. I do love the kittens in the Xmas stockings hung over the fireplace and that is an adorable Meowy Xmas card too.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two sweet kitty cards, Jo - just love the trio in stockings and the trio in windows!!