Hi folks, I'm over on the blog today at Let's Squash It! to share some inspiration to get Mr Mojo engaged for our current challenge...
We have a lovely guest with us for September: Jenny M from My Paper Epiphany and I know you'll love the adorable Holiday card she made for our launch post. You can see it by clicking here.
I don't know about you, but I always like to keep a small stock of thank you cards and so made this simple little card to add to the numbers.
I think this is the first card where I've used Saltwater Taffy Distress Ink and I quite like the colour. The embossing was created by alternating two Cuttlebug border folders on the central portion of the card. I had to be quite careful with how I positioned the folders, but I think it worked out ok. The sentiment comes from a SSS set called Thanks.
This was such a quick and easy card to make with the border folders, yet I hope you'll agree the end result is very pretty and effective. I really enjoyed the challenge of finding a way to emboss just a portion of my card and I was so pleased to find yet another way of stretching my existing embossing folders rather than just rushing to buy more.
This fun challenge runs until the end of September and Gail, Jenny and I all hope that you'll come and play along!

4 comments:
Very pretty and a great way to use the border folders. Hugz
I have trouble using border folders as I get a line I don't want, but your card turned out so great! Perfect design & I love the saltwater taffy which I need to get out & use!
Bravo at your no-line embossing Jo! I think the Saltwater Taffy has given your card a 50s feel - lovely! Vicky x
Love the embossing and the delicate feel of this beautiful card.
Faith x
Post a Comment