Saturday, 26 November 2022

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenge #223 - Q is for Queen

 


Edna's looking very regal today (and possibly a bit chilly too) as she dons a crown to help the Sisterhood play Q is for Queen!

To be honest, I had a little trouble getting rolling with this theme, but once I spotted a gorgeous Hero Arts background everything clicked.


I inked a piece of water colour card in Distress ink and then spritzed the stamp with water and pressed it onto the card. I left it there for a minute or two so that the water soaked in. The effect looks really good and, surprisingly, there's a lovely texture too. A VLVS image, a Unity Sentiment, a tiny Unity Grab Bag crown and I was done!

I'm delighted that my special blogging buddy Gail is our queen for this challenge. Please come over and see what Queen Gail and the team have created! 

5 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Might not be easy but you do a great job!! Super background and great card and sentiment.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful card, love the background to the fun nature of the card.
Faith x

Donna said...

Love love love it!
If you struggled (it doesn't show) it was totally worth it for the outcome!
I love the background, the image, the crowns, the sentiment - perfection!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

You really made the most of that unusual background stamp, Jo - looks like the Twilight Zone :) love it!!

JulieP said...

Love those concentric rings. So much dimension without dimension. PS - She's kinda scary. ROFL!