We're in delightful company this month over at Christmas Kickstart Challenge as we play Gingerbread Treats along with Carol from Just Me:c.
Carol has very kindly made not one, but two beautiful cards for our reminder post and I know you're going to love her witty, and rather yummy, creations!Here's a little reminder of the card, and the gorgeous tag, Carol made for the Challenge launch post.
I always like to base my reminder card on our elf's card by way of a little thank you gesture, and also because it helps me create something I wouldn't usually make. I was so blown away by Carol's beautiful work that I had no idea how to make my 'Inspired by...' piece. I had a sudden light bulb moment when I focused on the list of delicious Christmas treats on the Bakery board. After much rummaging in my stash I came up with this!
Completely different to Carol's card, yet very much inspired by it! I had so much fun putting this together and obviously, she's mixing gingerbread in her bowl! The main image is Agnes from Kraftin' Kimmie, and I've paired her with a LOTV friendship recipe stamp. The other stamps are from Jane's Doodles. Somehow I've created a card using stamps from a group of companies that no longer exist in their original form!
Rudolph has a gingerbread-themed prize for his Random Raffle for this challenge...
At time of writing we only have 4 participants in this fun challenge. Carol and I very much hope that a few more of you will join us, especially as it's only 163 days until Christmas!






4 comments:
OH! What a beautiful card sending very lovely and warm wishes, love the baking image end papers. Your second card is wonderful too. A Super gingerbread man.
Faith x
Cool gingerbread cards Jo! I'm not sure if I have any stamps, I'll have to have a rummage.
Two darling gingerbread cards, Jo - so different and fun! It's like the second one was baked by the girl on card one :)
Your card is lovely Jo! I just love that friendship recipe paired with this adorable and beautifully coloured image and the background is perfect - a real homage to Carol's cards! So sorry about the mixup with my Christmas Kickstart Challenge entry Jo! It was late and I was tired and I completely missed the theme because I was looking at the reminder post! I did laugh though when I saw your new challenge is "Just elfing Around" and my next planned Christmas card is a baking one - talk about getting wires crossed!! Hugs, Kate!
Post a Comment