Tuesday, 3 October 2023

The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge




I'm so happy that this day has finally arrived and we're ready to play The Cat Lovers Christmas Challenge and remember our dear friend Janis Woolbright.


For many crafters October meant Janis's Cat Lovers Blog Hop, and all the excitement and furry fun that this would bring. Sadly, Janis passed away in January of this year. At this time I was planning my year ahead for Christmas Kickstart and thinking about how I could do a tie-in with Janis's Hop for October 2023. I was going to ask her to be my October guest designer/elf and offer to assist with her hop; however the news of her passing overtook everything.

Like so many, I was deeply saddened by Janis's loss. I wanted to do something to pay tribute to her and the lovely person that she was. Back in January I wrote a brief tribute post about Janis. However, this just didn't seem like enough and I couldn't put the idea out of my head of wanting to do something more. I emailed her son, James, to run an idea past him and together we discussed what has become this challenge. James was so kind and so encouraging, and I'm honoured to have his and the family's blessing to remember Janis in this way. Thanks James; I hope we do your mom proud over the next few weeks. I am honoured that you've agreed to let me do this.

Please head on over to The Christmas Kickstart Challenge for all the info on how this challenge will work, to meet my Dream Team of helpers and read our list of fabulous sponsors!

3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Thanks for doing this, Jo - can't wait to play!!

papierelle said...

Thank you for doing this, it means a lot to me. I'm looking forward to the many posts and also to "meeting" bloggers again who I only "met" at the Cat Lovers Hop. Big Hugs my friend!!!

CinnamonSally said...

Although I never took part in any of the Cat Lovers Hops I had fun making a card for this challenge.