Tuesday, 7 November 2023

The Christmas Kickstart Challenge #80 - It's Christmas Jim, but not as we know it!




Challenge #80, is kicking-off today and I'm delighted to be joined by the adorable Edna and some of my very best crafting buddies... The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.


This month we're playing

It's Christmas, Jim, but not as we know it!

Now, this is one of those challenges where you can play the theme in a few different ways. I'm not sure where I found this phrase, but I thought it would make for a fun theme for our challenge. Rumour has it that it's a festive corruption of a Star Trek quote...


and there are quite a few different ways in which you can play this challenge - as demonstrated by The Sisterhood over on the Challenge post.

My first card for the challenge is this one!


I decided that the Reveal for this little Santa was quite unexpected and fun. He's a little Clipart character I found while looking for something completely different!

My second card is a very different colour combo for a Christmas card. Its copper and black, and I'm not 100% sure if I'd go with these colours again, but it was fun to do something very different and I'm grateful to Gail for suggesting this dramatic colour palette. 


I'm entering this card at the current Double D Challenge, which is Oh Deer! This is a new challenge to me and I'm delighted to see some familiar names playing there. I like their mood board, and so does Rudolph!


Meanwhile, back at Christmas Kickstart, there's a lovely prize for one lucky RANDOM WINNER curtesy of the lovely Rudolph and his RANDOM RAFFLE.


For this month's prize he's chosen this cute set from Woodware. 

I hope you'll all come and join the fun!

8 comments:

Diane said...

Both cards are fabulous for the holidays, such a creative color combo for the deer but it works awesome together! Welcome to our challenge, glad yo found us!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Aquarius said...

Love the Santa 'reveal' card - such fun!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Jo, the second card is so dramatic with the combo you choose, love the sparkling on the deers and the design
But the first one is really striking and it makes me smile so much!
In Italy Santa's "sound" is written "Oh Oh Oh", because "Ho" means "I have" :D However "Oh" is an exclamation as it is in English. I'm a teacher and when kids write Ho instead Oh I have to consider it a serious grammar mistake. So this card has a double fun for me :D LOL

Gail L said...

Haha to the Santa reveal card!
I kinda like the copper and black. Might give it a go!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love em both!
That first one is hilarious (is that what Santa really looks like under there???)
The second one, that colour combo - so awesome!!!!
Thanks for inviting the sisterhood to partake in the holiday shenanigans!

papierelle said...

Many Santas don't have a real beard, so your picture fits perfectly and it makes me smile!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love your Santa card with the pulled off fake beard - such a hoot, Jo! And the black deer on the copper wreaths look amazing!!

Birgit said...

Two great cards! The Santa card is oh, so cute and the copper and black really is a dramatic card. Very lovely indeed! Thanks for linking up to the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you!