Wednesday, 15 November 2023

The Christmas Kickstart Challenge #80 - Reminder

 


It's Reminder time over at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, where I'm delighted to be hosting my pals The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

This month we're having heaps of fun playing...

And I'm thrilled to see just how many of you are enjoying this crazy, play-it-how-you-want-to theme! There are some great cards in the gallery.

For my Reminder cards I've got these to share:


I had enormous fun creating this card using a stamp set from an older Clearly Besotted set (apparently, no longer available) and a VLVS Flying Saucer. The speech bubble was printed out on my PC. It's not often that my cards entertain or amuse my hubby, but this one did raise a chuckle!

Card #2 is a very different style of card for me.
I had some Gelli prints from a while ago in my stash and decided it was time they saw the light of day. The big snowflake is from Colorado Craft Company Big and Bold - Warm wishes Snowflake. The lovely edging is from Poppystamps and is called Frozen Border. This is an older die and doesn't appear to be currently available, however, this one is similar. 


I was amazed to see this beautiful card over on Michele's blog. Great minds think alike!

I hope you'll come and join the fun!

9 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A so fun and cute card and well done with your own sentiment on the speech bubble!
Love the mixed media style of the second one, the blue tones of your jelly print look great with white!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

That flying saucer with Santa's sleigh is a hoot, Jo, and I love your sentiment with the critters too!! Beautiful snowflake card with the white stag too!!

Dawn T said...

two great cards Jo. I'm struggling a bit to come up with an idea.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a fun Santa and Space card, love the sentiment. Your Snow card is beautiful, I love your background and snow die with the lovely reindeer.
Faith x

papierelle said...

A funny story comes to mind about your card. As a teenager, I went to the disco with a friend the day before Easter. On the way home at night, a bunny hopped across the path. I shouted: Look, the Easter Bunny is there. The next day we told everyone this, but no one wanted to believe us...

Aquarius said...

The flying saucer card is fun and the gel print one quite different but equally super. Thanks for your lovely comments and my dancing penguins have joined in the challenge. I received my lovely prize from Inkylicious (Cat Lovers challenge) - thought you'd like to know it arrived safely.

Greta said...

Your first card made me chuckle, too! Love the beautiful blue & white card!

Trina P. said...

A flying saucer competing for air space with Santa!… super fun and cute! Awesome card.

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Jo, your spaceship card is so cute and funny! It gave me a chuckle!!! And your deer card is gorgeous!! Love the geli plate background, and the snowflake border and deer silouhette look beautiful featured on it. Hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving!