Thursday, 16 May 2024

Cardstock Christmas with The Jingle Belles...

 


It's Cardstock Only this fortnight over at Jingle Belles

Here's what Stef and Lauren require for their current challenge:

"This fortnight at Jingle Belles we're asking you to step away from the designer paper … yes, put it away … none allowed … not even a scrap … because this time the assignment is to create a holiday card using only cardstock. You can tear it, ink it, stamp it, spray it, emboss it, die cut it … but stick to only cardstock for your holiday card design."

Mmmmm, this one took me a few days to ponder, and then I hit upon this idea:


I do love kraft and white together, and when you go for such a simple design you just HAVE to add some texture. The cute trees are from Sizzix/Tim Holtz Festive Things (On Sale!) and the sentiment is from Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Lisa Horton

Thanks for the fun, guys, I really did enjoy the challenge of ditching the design paper! 

Happy crafting, everyone! 

8 comments:

Aquarius said...

That's an interesting challenge and one which I'd have to really think about. You've done a grand job here - kraft and white certainly go well together for Christmas, especially with the added embossed textures

papierelle said...

Great card. I really like it when everything is so tone on tone.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous mix of textures, Jo, and I love the kraft & white combo!!

SmilynStef said...

Those embossed krafty trees are fantastic ... so very glad you joined our Cardstock Christmas at Jingle Belles.

Dawn T said...

WOW - you've done a gorgeous card Jo. A challenge I could do as I don't use a lot of PP - Might try and find time over the weekend to play along/

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! That is very creative thinking and a great result too. x

lauren bergold said...

Oh WOW Ms. Jo, this is breathtakingly fabulous! I love the kraft + white... I love the textured kraft panel... and I especially especially love that instead of embossing the white panel too you did THE TREES... with 3 different e/f's! Way to think outside the box! ♥ So pleased you could join our Cardstock Christmas fun at Jingle Belles!

ionabunny said...

Love this for so many reasons. A design masterpiece. Hugz