Tuesday, 4 November 2025

The Christmas Kickstart Challenge #104 - Just Add Antlers

 


Over at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge I'm delighted to welcome the very talented Vicki Ruta as our November Elf. I first 'met' Vicki when we were together on Dani's DT and I've been fan-girling her cards ever since. Please drop on over to the main blog to get to know Vicki and to see her card.


Here's the theme that Vicki has chosen for us...
Challenge #104 - Just Add Antlers!

Yes, it's time to Add Antlers to you cards! We think you can play this theme a few different ways and we'd love to see deer or whatever you think will benefit from the addition of antlers!

Here's what I created to get the party started. I do love this little Impression Obsession gal and her fabulous headwear and am so sad that this company no longer exists. We seem to be losing so many stamping companies lately, don't we. 


The background is from Darkroom Door who, I'm delighted to say, have moved to the UK and are still going strong. 

My second card for this challenge had to have a little surgery following a mishap with a snowflake. I'd spent ages working with this sweet image and so did a little die-cutting as a save.  He's heat embossed and looks good and glossy IRL.

Woodware Clear Magic Snowflake Reindeer

Our favourite reindeer dude, Rudolph, has a fun set on offer as his Random Raffle Prize for this month.



Vicki and I can't wait to see what you create for our challenge and really hope you'll share your antlers-added cards with us this month!

6 comments:

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the pink and black deer. Very striking. That stamp set prize is sooooo cute. Hugz

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable girl image with the antlers - love it, Jo!! And your black embossed stag on pink looks amazing!! I didn't know you were on a team with Vicki; I know her from Craft Roulette, such a sweetie!! Thanks for the inspiration and fun challenge at CKC!!

Dawn T said...

Awesome challenge this month. Love both your cards Jo especially the first one... too cute.

Loll said...

Great challenge and wonderful cards from you both!! :) Looking forward to playing along. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are beautiful cards, with lovely backgrounds too. x

Angelnorth said...

Both lovely Jo, the wee lass has a Scandinavian feel to her somehow. I didn't know Darkroom Door had moved to the UK, that's exciting! Hoping to join in with this, now I just need to lay my hands on the thing I want to use.