Saturday, 7 February 2026

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenge #271 - B is for Black, Black Heart

We're having far, far too much fun over at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers with Challenge #271 as we play B is for Black, Black Heart. Doesn't Edna look the bizz? 

We'd like to see anti-valentines or black on your cards, or even a combination of the two - whatever floats your crazy little love boat. 

Here's what I made using one of my most favourite stamps from Rubber Moon designed by Mary Engelbreit. I don't know why this lil gal makes me laugh so much, but she does! 


BTW, you may be relieved to know I'm not sending the card above to my hubby. He's getting this one instead!


The XOXOXOXO background is from Simon Says Stamp and I cannot stop playing with it. Seriously, I. Just. Can't. 


I'm linking this little chameleon card over at Inkspirational because their word prompt of XOXO just seems to fit perfectly! 


The current AAA Colourful Challenge also seems like a good place for my cards to go and play. 

And I'm also linking to Lost Coast Design as rightly, or wrongly, I think my chameleon card fits in here too... sort of!


13 comments:

Chris said...

Fabulous cards Jo- especially the first one- really made me laugh (nearly choked on my coffee!).
xx

Julia Aston said...

Two great Valentines (or anti!) Jo! I love that Mary Engelbreit image with the NO! especially! That background is perfect for our challenge at Inkspirational: XOXO! Thanks for joining us! Julia xx

Donna said...

Those are both awesome!
The NO image - that's a big YES for me :)

Chris Dring said...

I laughed so hard when I saw the NO card! Brilliant! Your second card is adorable, too!

theras kartenblog said...

Very original! I'm really impressed.
All the best!
Ilse (thera)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Just fabulous, love the background, and you've shown it can be used for a lot of things, love the first card, so snarky, and your second is very clever. Love them. x

Angelnorth said...

Love both of these! I bet with a bit of judicious tape over the wording when you ink up that wee lass you could stamp her with a blank sign so you could add something else (snarky or not!). The chameleon stamp is fab, love that!

Dawn T said...

Lovely background Jo and perfect cards,

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Ha ha! Love the first one - think I saw it on Insta. And that background is terrific.

Marlena M. said...

Perfect background for our challenge! Such fabulous cards. Thank you for joining us at INk~

JulieP said...

I love that background too! Did she let him ask the question before saying "no"? LOL!

Jane said...

Love your sassy girl too! I can see why she makes you smile. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Colourful, hope to see you join in with future challenge too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

cm said...

Congratulations, Jo: your chameleon card was a Top Pick over at Inkspirational. Yayyy!! Too.Much.Fun! Loved your "no" card, too!
hugs~carol