Tuesday, 25 August 2009

It's been a while comma Crocodile!

How I wish I had added that comma to my little Croc card - I only realised it was missing after posting it on the Hero Arts Flickr group.

Last Thursday I got a text from my best friend Jacquie telling me that she was 'in the hood' and could drop by. She even had her kids, Hannah and Matthew (who I adore), with her. They were visiting their Grandma, who only lives a few miles from my house. What a shame that I was at work on the other side of the city!
Then Hannah called and I had to tell her that I wasn't home. She told me that was 'just rubbish' and I had to agree: not being able to see them really did feel 'just rubbish'.
On the Hero Arts blog last week Sally's challenge was to make a card for a friend and then 'mail it' to them. I decided to make this little card for Jacquie and the kids. The inside reads 'so let's get together... and make it snappy!'

I am on leave from work next week so plan to drive over to see them and catch up on all the fun and gossip! I will check that they are home first though.

Yesterday afternoon I discovered that I'd won the lovely green t-shirt that Sally was offering as a fun giveaway on her blog week. Woohoo and a Mexican wave!!! Well fancy that: a Hero Arts T-shirt and sweatshirt just 'washed-up' on California’s Doheny Beach on Friday. Thank goodness Sally (shown above) and Nancy were there to find them! So will they mail my shirt or send it in a bottle?

Finally I thought that I would share this cute little picture of Mr C.
Custard really does know that he shouldn't sit on the big blue bean bag, but it is oh so comfy and nobody else was using it at the time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute!!! I should hop on over and check out that challenge... it seems that I get so caught up in making cards for various holidays and occasions such as birthdays and weddings that I often forget to send out "thinking of you" cards to friends once in awhile. I know I'd certainly enjoy receiving a surprise card in the mail!

Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful and blessed week!
-Chrissy

Elise said...

A card carrying CUSTARD crusader/fan club member has arrived! {hee hee} Nice to see the lil' man knows where he belongs! What a handsome fellow!!! And I don't think he looks fat at all! I may never share a picture of my fat "Starry!" My pleasantly PLUMP black and (a little bit of white) cat: holy moly!

Howdy, Dotty Jo! Adorable work, as ALWAYS! I love the inspiration for your card and the pict. of you with your winnings is hilarious! You are SUCH a character! I love coming by to laugh at your humor and celebrate your talent! Wahooooooooo!