I cleaned up and began hunting for the snail. I lifted the rug and moved the sofas but couldn't find him anywhere. I told my hubby about it when he got home and we both agreed that the snail had probably hitched a ride into the house on Custard the cat. The adorable Mr C. likes to bring little treasures into the house attached to his fur (thank goodness cats don't have pockets).
Since moving to 'Chez Nous' Custard has brought us a whole range of flora and fauna including mud, twigs, seeds, grass, small slugs, ladybirds and dried bread from the bird table. He surpassed himself with a small brown mouse who took up residence in the utility room. The mouse made himself at home in the hole for the washing machine water supply. It took a trail of cheese and a humane trap to evict that little visitor.
Anyway, back to that snail...the following morning I found a fresh trail across my lovely rug, and again I moved all the furniture after scrubbing the rug and the floor. Still no sign of that snail. The next day I found nothing except an unembellished caramel, terracotta and cream rug. I breathed a big sigh of relief. So imagine my horror to discover this morning that the snail had struck again and had graffited his way across my lounge floor once more.
I hate the idea of putting down pellets but this is war!
The card that I want to share today features the Sugar Nellie Manga girl that I used for Emily's birthday card a few weeks ago.

This card is for Hannah to congratulate her on her exam results (there may also be a little gift for her). While making this card I discovered that you can colour clear Stickles by using Versacolour ink! Not as good as the real thing but it seemed to work out OK and was the little lift that this card needed. I love this image and had great fun working with lilac and turquoise again. When I made alot of baby quilts these were my 'fall-to' colours. I added some little Hero Arts pearls in black and lifted the little girl on dimensionals. The spotty paper is a tiny scrap from my stash.
I will keep you posted on the snail situation!
2 comments:
Ohhhh, sweet and hilarious one! I love this card and your funny story... Your color work is exquisite! And I'm glad to see you make that fun stamp work for you again! Sometimes I think it might be fun to see a challenge where you use the same stamp, say.. maybe 5 different ways! You'd be awesome with such a thing! Anyway, sweet gal.. any chance you have a snail stamp to play with? Might be good therapy! Hee Hee
P.S. Think about some copper tape to keep your snails at bay! I'm worried about Custard getting a hold of the pellets! (Remember, I'm a card-carrying member of his fan club!) Good luck with the WAR!:o)
This is completely fab!!! Just love this image - need to get me some! Loving the red hair
-x-
Post a Comment