We are planning to hold a fun Halloween event at the library on Saturday. The children will be making a 'spooky book' full of pictures, spells and the most ghoulish, gruesome Halloween jokes that we can find! We've asked the kids to come in costume and I will confess that I am looking forward to dusting off my witches hat and donning my stripey Halloween stockings to join in the fun!

This little card is for my work buddy Lozzie B. She is such a fabulous, fun person and is always my 'wing man' whenever we do anything crazy at the library. Our Halloween 2008 karaoke rendition of 'It's raining men' is the stuff of legends!
I used that cute, huffy cat stamp from Eat Cake Graphics and went totally OTT with the distressing as I wanted him disappearing off into a dark Halloween night. There is a little bit of Stampin' Up cuteness in each lower corner and the little punched border is stamped with a lovely, new Hero Arts cling stamp. In case you can't read the sentiment it says: 'and if you think I'm getting on that broomstick again after what happended last year...'I can't resist entering my huffy friend for the Allsorts Challenge #24, which is 'Furry friends' and The ABC Challenge: 'F for Flying'!
If you are looking for a lovely Halloween themed book for younger children I'm going to recommend 'Room on the Broom' by Julia Donaldson, author of 'The Gruffalo'.

Halloween hugs to you all!
13 comments:
This is toooooo cute! Love the sentiment! We too dress up at our school.....teachers and all! The kids LOVE that! Have fun!
Brilliant card, love what you've done with the distress ink it really does look like he's disappearing into the darkness. There's something for you on my blog :)x
http://blush-dolly.blogspot.com/
What a great fun card, love that cat and the sentiment. Hope you have fun aon Saturday.Sallyx
Hi there
What a brilliant effect you have achieved here and love that sentiment.
Thank you for joining us at Allosorts this week.
B x
Hi Jo
What a brilliant card - it really made me smile.
Great take on Halloween and Debs Challenge.
Thank you for joining in the fun at Allsorts this week.
Love Jules xx
this has made me giggle good and proper! What a fab card and equally fab sentiment.
Victoria
x
This is so fun and cute! Made me giggle!!! Love it!
Hugs,
Vanessa
Hi Jo, I adore this card, that cat is fantastic.
x
Vicky
So fun, Jo! Your distressing makes the whole scene just glow. Love it!
super cute card! thanks for always leaving such encouraging comments on my blog! :D
Great card love the sentiment, room on the broom used to be a firm favourite with my pre school class!!
thanks for playing at Allsorts
Emma xxx
What a great card. Love your distress work that makes him disappearing in to the darkness.
Linda xxx
Bwahahaha! I love your sentiment - just perfect for that poor cat!
Where's the pic of you dressed up then...and did your cat accompany you to work?
Post a Comment