Saturday, 6 March 2010

Fifties Sweethearts!

Don't you just love this cute little digi-stamp from The Greeting Farm ?
This image is called 50s Sweetheart and is just perfect for wedding anniversary cards and the like. As it is my Parents-in-law's anniversary during the week I decided to get printing and colouring.
The great thing about digital stamps is that you can size them to fit your card and then add greetings, as I have done here.
I was tempted to add a checked shirt and a jaunty neckerchief to the little guy. My Mom-in-law has just announced her 70th birthday plans and has decided to have a Barn dance in their church hall. The look on my hubby's face was priceless when he found out. Let's just say he doesn't do any form of dancing and leave it at that!

Happy crafting everyone!

20 comments:

Vicky said...

Fab image, beautifully coloured Jo, so vibrant.
:)xx

Elise said...

What a cute couple, in stamp as in REAL LIFE! Your parents-in-law sound adorable! I would totally get down at their HOE-DOWN! hee hee

DARLING work, sweet Miss Dots! Look at YOUR dots! In fact, the texture makes me purrr! Sweet and magically colored, as always! Love it!

XO!

donna mikasa said...

How sweet! Love how you resized it to fit the Nestie! Hope y'all have fun at the birthday barn dance...your hubby, too!

CinnamonSally said...

Oh Jo this is such a cute card, perfect for an anniversary, love it. I think my DH would be horrified at the thought of a barn dance too, he@s not a dancer and he is much more into rock music. Nevermind hope you have a great time.
Sallyx

chris said...

Wow this is special love it
chris xx

Lynne in NI said...

Gorgeous card Jo, they're sure to love it!
And a barn dance sounds like fun, though I remember learning the dances in school and getting totally flummoxed, so I quite understand how your hubby feels! (But then its even funnier when everyone gets the steps wrong!) Have a great time!
:o)

Anonymous said...

Hiya pal...firstly...if Andy's anything like Pete I would love to see him do a bit of line dancing....lol....
I can just imagine the look he gave when he saw the invite...lol...
Your card is just wonderful Jo, perfect colour's

Hope your well mate...I will mail you tommorrow...So much going on at the minute...
I don't know where to turn...
x
Vicky

we are just watching an itune Micheal Jackson new movie/documentry....

Victoria said...

awa bless him, men are so easily scared aren't they lol!!

Fab card - love this image and the paper is yummy
Hugs
Victoria
x

Suzanne C said...

What an adorable card! I think it would have been very fun to add the checkered shirt.

Alice said...

this is so sweet! the pinks that you used for the background is just perfect with the image! love this!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oooh, my oh my!! Jo, I really adore this image! Had to squeal when I saw it! It's a perfect couple with a darling heart! I love it, such beautiful colors!

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness this is precious, stunning and fantastic coloring! Love this to bits :)

Nicky said...

oh I love this card its so cute- they will adore it - my hubby is with yours he doesnt dance lol

Tyggereye said...

Such a cute card. That image is precious. Great job!

Vanessa said...

Oh, Jo, this is adorable!! Love your fab colouring! Super card!!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Linda Brun said...

Jo, Happy anniversary to your parents in-law and what a LOVEly anniversary card for them you've made. Your colouring is fab.
Hugs

Jill said...

I love this stamp AND I adore what you've done with it! So cute!

Julie said...

A very pretty card, hope your in-laws have a fab day.

Deb Rymer said...

Adorable card, Jo - love the image, coloring and all the pink patterns in the background. Great job!

Deirdre said...

Jo, fab card and great story about the barn dance. Made me smile, so funny.

Thanks for the lovely comments you left on my blog about Deborah's interview. I really appreciate them. Thanks. Hope you have a great weekend.