Wednesday, 24 March 2010

One Beautiful Ballerina!

I must say that I think Annie Rodrigue has surpassed herself with this fabulous new stamp! The brilliant new range of Kraftin' Kimmie stamps are now available over at Bunny Zoe's Crafts.
All of the new stamps are dance themed and great fun, but this little 'Angry Ballerina' grabbed my attention and then pirouetted into my shopping cart.
I know it's a bit corny but I just couldn't resist the 'sentiment'!
This is a tent card made with the help of Dena's great instructions over at The Just Magnolia Challenge Blog. In the end I placed the ballerina on the front of the card, rather than suspending her, as I wanted her to look like she was standing in the spotlight. Not quite sure if it works, but I had lots of fun trying!

I cut the large circle with my Mom's Martha Stewart Circle cutter... not easy to use, but gave a good effect. I read the instructions very carefully as Mom cut herself on the blade the first time she used it.

Now that I have seen the card on the screen I plan to try and make the curtains look a bit more 3-D. It never fails to surprise me how different a card can look on the screen. I often work on a card again after seeing it on the PC as all the faults and crooked lines become magnified and obvious!

Happy crafting everyone!

15 comments:

lauren bergold said...

omg--this is just TOO FUNNY, jo, and too FAB-u-LOUS!!! the ballerina's face makes me laugh, but "swine lake" is the best bit!

i absolutely ♥LOVE♥ the construction of this card--the way you've "magically" suspended the ballerina front-n-center, and then i swear my first thought (ok, after i laughed at "swine lake!") was, "oh WOW, those curtains are BRILLIANT... they look totally dimensional!" (so there!) ♥

Lynne in NI said...

Hey Jo, how COOL is this! I love the little curtains and the sentiment might be 'corny' but it fits perfectly!
Off now for a skive and look at your link for instructions! (I'm bored with this working lark!)
:o)

Victoria said...

fab card - I got this stamp this morning, have a friend who she will make a perfect card for!

Love how you've made the curtains, and fab vibrant colours too

Hugs
Victoria
x

chris said...

Hi there Jo
what a good card to also send to someone with the flu!
fabulous card I love it,made me laugh.
hugs chris xx

Nicky said...

Oh this is so funny - my sort of humour - love the image and the senitment and your layout is just stunning xx

CinnamonSally said...

Wow love your Tent Card Jo, such a fun image, great ballerina and your curtains look amazing. ( you were right about Rome, it was fabulous,I can understand your need to go back, its impossible to see everything in a few days!!)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh wow, what a very neat and clever looking card Jo! Love the effect of the curtains on the side there, great details and thanks for sharing how you pieced the card together, super fun image!

Jill said...

This is sooo fun and brought a big smile to my face! Love the curtains, too! :)

Alice said...

this is superb!! i love that stamp, too! and you used her so beautifully! i love this!! =)

Pop's Cards said...

I love this its so quirky, love the colours that you have used too, big hugs Pops x

Sanne said...

Funny design Jo!

Suzanne C said...

LOL! Great coloring and I love the effect of the curtains!

Anonymous said...

Fantastico!!!!
You did a stunning job with her, I love the colours you chose...
x
Vicky

you will have to bring her with you on your next visit...lol

Linda Brun said...

Really great and funny card. Love the look on her face. And the construction of your card is fabioulus. Specially love the curtains.

Elise said...

That IS hilarious! You are super-talented with these images! I think your photography is stunning and I'm basking in the details of this fine, fine work! YEAH! Funny and FUN! I love it!