Friday, 28 October 2011

Let it snow... nearer to Christmas that is!

Please don't let it snow just now, especially as it's another bright October day with beautiful clear blue skies.

I wanted to add to my growing pile of Christmas cards today, so dug out one of my favourite Gorjuss girls called 'Foxy'. So cute.
It's worth a mention that there are currently some reductions on the Sugar Nellie Gorjuss Girl's so now is a good time to top up on any you might be missing.
So, believe it or not this is my card for the current Sugar Bowl Sketch Challenge set by Maria Therese. Yes, I know I've jiggled around with the sketch a bit (lot) but if you look closely you might just find it... honest! If you haven't played in the Sugar Bowl recently why not drop by, the DT cards for this challenge are going to rock your socks.
I'm also entering this card for The Prairyfairy friday Challenge #64 which is 'wet' or 'heat' embossing. I stamped the little snow flakes in Versamark and then embossed in white. I think I need a better embossing power as it's a little speckled in places but it still looks ok and I don't even mind that some powder stuck to the Versafine sentiment as it looks 'snowy'. The embossed flourish is Leaf Flourish from Hero Arts - never get tired of using this stamp.Well, I think I'll grab a coffee and go visiting Blogland as I always love a virtual trip around the world.
Happy Friday everyone!

24 comments:

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Wow, this is one lovely card.
I have to make my entry for this challenge, I keep forgetting.
Hugs
Chris x

CinnamonSally said...

Such a cute card Jo, love your Gorjuss girl and her pretty snowy coat. I agree with you heading too I am loving these sunny October days!!

Debbie said...

Really nice card JO.
Love this GG she is so cute and just perfect for Christmas. How many cards have you made so far?
Last year I made all mine before December, then sold them all (Including the ones I had made for myself!) at a local Christmas Fair, so had to go bonkers making loads in December.
Won't get caught out like that again, I have made 42 so far, but do need twice that. Debbiexx

Maria Sabina R said...

the backround is magical! love it

Danni said...

What a darling card!

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous sweetie love your colours and design, stunning hugs pops x

Lynne in NI said...

Awww she's gorgeous and you've coloured her hair beautifully! We've had a few gorgeous sunny days too, long may it continue! Have a great weekend Jo
Lynne
x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the background.

Linda Brun said...

She sure looks cute and yes lets save the snow for xmas! Wishing you a wonderful and creative weekend my friend!
Hugs

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What a lovely card! SO SUPER SWEET!

Pajalu said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Jo. I love your take on the sketch xoxoxoxo

Carole of Brum said...

wow, I love your card with just a figure and a fab background, it looks so good. Your embossing is great and I can see why you like that flourish so much, it's perfect in that corner. CoB

coops said...

stunning card jo.the image is gorgeous and i love your colours and design :D

xx coops xx

Emma Williams said...

Love the image, love the card and a perfect design! Gorgeous work, as always.
Love Emma x

Elaine said...

Beautiful card Jo.
You followed the sketch perfectly..yes, I looked!
I love your embossing!

Thank you for playing in the Sugar Bowl challenge.

Love Elaine xxx

And thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog xxx

Janette said...

Hi Jo, Love your card, the sweet image and lovely background are perfect together.xx

jenny said...

Beautiful card Jo.....love the white embossing, this gorjuss girl is one of my favourites!

Jenny xx

Donna Mosley said...

Wow! Jo, this is stunning. Love your gorgeous colouring and fab embossing.

Donna x

Alice said...

beautiful background and i love your take on the sketch, Jo! darling card!

Chris said...

A beautiful card Jo and I love this stamp too. Wonderful colouring and such a gorgeous background too. Chris x

Donna said...

Beautiful and pretty card Jo, I love your embossed snowfakes and beautiful gorjuss girl, stunning card hun :) Donna x

Kate said...

I'm with you, it can snow later in the year, preferably at weekends when I don't have to get the kids to school! I live your white embossing and the paper piecing too.

** Kate **

Tiffany Ervin said...

Too cute! Love the little fox snuggling up close to the girl! Wishing you more sunny days before the cold hits!

Jingle said...

Very pretty card, although, I must say that I strongly disagree with the sentiment after this weekend! LOL!