It looks like it's set for another hot and sunny day, so I think it's gardening and a little relaxin' on the agenda!I hope you all had a lovely crafty World Card Making Day yesterday. I had to go to work, so will have to try and catch up on some of the fun today.
Here's the card that I made for my Mom's birthday earlier in the week.

I used adorable Norma Jean from Krista Smith's Etsy shop, but cut off the quirky little 'Blimp' that comes as part of the design!
Mom loves browns and blues so the colour combo was an easy choice. Krista's designs are so much fun to colour and I really enjoyed getting busy with my Promarkers on this little cutie.
The advertisement stamp is from Crafty Individuals and is stamped on cream card, which I then distressed in Antique Linen Distress Ink. A little ribbon and some lace and we were good to go! This is quite a different look for me, almost 'shabby chic', and I felt I was stepping out of my comfort zone a little, but Mom seemed to be happy with the result!
I'm linking up with the following challenges:Anything goes at Four Crazy Chicks Crazy egg Challenge #57,
Fussy and Fancy - try a new technique (leaving my 'Plain Jane' comfort zone!)
Top Tip Tuesday - 2 or more Ribbons (Great new site I've just discovered!)
Have a lovely Sunday everyone!
29 comments:
you have gorgeous stamps!!! love the lace!
Hi Jo, Happy Sunday to you:0) Fabulous card, love the blue and brown combination, pretty colouring, hugs Gay xxx
This is a really pretty card Jo the blues and browns look so good together and give it a real vintage look. Great colouring on the image and I love that background stamp, will have to check that bone out!! Enjoy bthe sunny weather its all on the change next week I think!
Sallyx
WOW!! This is gorgeous...I love everything about it, just fab!!!
Hope you're having a good weekend!
Love Emma xx
fantastic card jo.i love the gorgeous shabby chic design and the colours and image are stunning ;D
xx coops xx
This is beautiful, love the shabby chic style and colours. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine
Beautiful card Jo.....love the colour combo and the vintage feel x
Jenny xx
Sweet as ever, Jo! Love your design on this card, a little shabby suits you just fine! I'm sure your mom adored this card!
Ohhh gorgeous card Jo, great image and such a pretty colour combo! Not surprised your Mum loved it! Hope you got your gardening done ... you would have needed your welly boots and raincoat here all weekend!
THis is so pretty Jo! I love the vintage postcard layer, great thinking!
It is adorable Jo. Love your sweet little smile. Such a great card and no wonder your Mum loved it.
Beautiful. Love the colour combo, the use of lace, the background stamp and that gorgeous image ofcourse. No wonder your mum loved it. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday this week and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. I've got candy if you're interested;) Bettina x
This is beautiful - I love how you adapted the image to suit and that advertisement stamp is awesome! Love your colours and the Shabby Chic look is great :)
So glad you have discovered our Challenge Blog and like what you see - hope you stay around for a while ;)
Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our '2 or more Ribbons' Challenge. Don't forget if you have a Top Tip to share with us you could win another prize! Just add (TIP) after your name when you link :)
Carol x
So pretty totally awesome colouring too! perfect colours too! Thanks 4 joining us this week @ Top Tip Tuesday for our 2 Or More, Ribbon, Twine, Lace, Fabric Challenge, Don't forget you can enter up to 3 times, I hope you can come and play again soon, Hugs Samantha
Ooooh love Norma Jean (love all of Krista's images actually, but this is a great card).
Thanks for joining our challenge at Top Tip Tuesday this week.
ps - I have ribbon candy on my personal blog if you're interested in entering - only 3 days left to enter.
Annette
xx
Top-o-the-morinin' to you, sweetest and craftiest friend - ever! LOOK at you, soooo elegant and amazing! Sooooo much gloriousness, watching YOU gettin' your CRAFT onnnn! This is a splendid piece, indeed! LOVE you, sweet one! xoxoxo!
What a fabby birthday card. Loving the colors you used the image and the cute flowers. Thanks for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty chicks.
WOW - fabulous card Jo - love the colours! :)x
So beautiful - love what you created.
This is gorgeous ♥ ♥ ♥ Pops x
wow! such a beauty! yummy colors and design. fabulous card, Jo! love love it!
So beautiful Jo and and a perfect combination of colours, your design is so pretty :) Donna ♥ x
Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks.
Such a lovely card! I am sure your mom loved it! The colors are perfect!
This is really beautiful Jo Your colouring of the image is perfect and the overall colour combo is gorgeous. i especially like how you've mounted the image onto the postcard..just lovely!
kerry x
A really cute card. Lovely colours and colouring. Thanks for joining Fussy and Fancy. Lisbeth K
This is really beautiful Jo! Love the color combo and the lace and ribbon is such a pretty girly addition along with the scattering of little flowers! Gorgeous card! :)
You really make the sweetest cards with the sweetest images!
Hi Jo, I can comment at long last. :o) This card is amazing, love the image and your wonderful colouring. Gorgeous design and very scrummy details. Good luck with the diet too hun, I feel loads better with mine.
Donna x
Post a Comment