It's a sketch week over at Less is More so I thought I'd give it a go.
Sadly, my first offering for this challenge is a sympathy card that I needed to send to my Mom's friend, who has just lost her sister.
I decided to rotate the sketch (hope this is allowed) as I wanted to 'square-up' the centre of the card.
I used a Hero Arts shadow stamp for the background and then the delightful Pocketful O' Posies (also Hero Arts) to stamp the flowers in Versamark. I added some Diamond Lace Stickles to highlight the leaves and flowers, but this doesn't really show up in the photograph. The pictures look rather pale, thankfully the card looks better in real life.
So I'm back to the craftroom now to try out my second idea for these perfect CAS sketches...


21 comments:
I Love the simplicity of this card. It is just Lovely!
Hi Jo
Great card for a sad occasion........
Hugs Sylvie xxxx
This is a lovely card although the proportion is not quite as in the sketch... there's not a lot of white space left around the 'square' image.
Condolences to your friend.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Hi Dotty Jo, I like this idea very much. Subtle yet the colours bring a sense of hope. Thanks my friend for your visit. Greatly appreciated.
I love your CAS style and this card is lovely! I love the shadows behind the simple flowers.
less is more...I agree but I can't accept less:D I always add more and more. You make really beautiful and clean cards. Great work!
Beautiful card for a sad occasion
Anne
x
I really like this style of card (shame it has to be a sympathy card). Your new style is really pretty!!
So gorgeous for such a sad occasion hun..
big hugs Vicky xx
This is such a lovely CAS card. The colours are very uplifting, sorry it's a sympathy card.
i really enjoyed seeing all our CAS cards, Jo! i think it's difficult to make a beautiful and balanced simple card and you are doing it beautifully! love them all!
Hi Jo, this is a fab design, you've reminded me that I have a set of hero arts flowers (a different set to this), and I've never thought to use them this way - I love the strips of colour that you stamped the flowers on to. Shame it's such a sad occasion, but a lovely card just the same. CoB
Jo what a beautiful card, sympathy cards can be so hard to do. Your card is stunning. I love your style xoxoxo
I really like how the texture of the paper pops in your stamping. It's a lovely card Dotty Jo!
Beautiful, elegant card.
luv
Debby
a delightful card Jo. It really is very pretty.
Beautiful,adorable card.
I love this.
Hugs
Chris x
I like the silhouetted flowers on the colour strips Jo and the position of your sentiment.
Sympathy cards must be the hardest to make, but this one's a stunner!
What a beautiful sympathy card. I love the images and color.
Gorgeous card Jo, I love the colours and the beautiful flowers xx
Post a Comment