Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Sweet Simplicity - day 3

Here I am again as promised with another CAS share.
Once again I used images and sentiments from the Papertrey Ink set called 'Round and round'. These really are gorgeous stamps which give such a crisp image.
The dinky little shadow stamp is from Hero Arts. I nearly swapped to using chalk ink but decided that I liked the effect of the Distress inks so stuck with them. Once again I experimented with some scoring.
I made several of this very simple design and hope to sell them to raise money towards the Race for Life, which I'll be running sorry, hobbling, in May.

Finally, I'll share something cute that one of the school children said today. When asked to name three types of book that are arranged in alphabetical order he said:
 "A dictionary, an encyclopedia and a brontosaurus" - how fabulous is that!

 See you for my final simplicity day tomorrow. Happy crafting everyone!

14 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi Jo, Smashing CAS cards, love the threes design and cute butterflies. Don't you just love kids LOL They say the funniest things, have fun, Gay xxx

CinnamonSally said...

These cards are lovely Jo and you are right the distressed background is perfect.
Don't you just love children and there funny sayings. At school the other day a little boy came to the office and said his mouth really hurt as he had a salsa. (He had an ulcer!!!!)

DesignerDiva said...

Really simple and really striking Jo - gorgeous
Laurie xx

Lisa Jane said...

These are so pretty . I just love butterflies
Lisa x

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous Jo....and love the colours too hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Paula Whittaker said...

Super CAS cards

cheryl said...

oh wow this is one really striking Cas card Hun just gorgeous hugs Cherylxxxxx

lindyloo said...

simple but very stylish
linda x

Pajalu said...

Gorgeous card Jo, I love the simpleness of your cards. They are so inspiring. Love the kid quote as well.

Dawn T said...

so pretty Jo. The simplicity of these are just beautiful.

Anneke said...

Beautiful cards!

coops said...

gorgeous cards jo.i love the butterflies :D

xx coops xx

jenny said...

Gorgeous CAS cards.....love the butterflies and embossing x

Jenny xx

Pajalu said...

Hi Jo,

As promised here is my new (old) blog addy:

http://pajalus.blogspot.com.au/

Hopefully I will have something new up later today? xoxoxo