Thursday, 10 May 2012

Butterfly bon voyage

Here I am back to share another card for the current colour challenge over at Less is More, which doubles as my entry for the Clean and Simple Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

All stamps are from Hero Arts with the exception of the 'Bon Voyage', which is from Lawn Fawn.

I created the central circle with a little help from my fabulous new template!

I've just discovered that waste scraps of laminated card can be run through a Cuttlebug to make brilliant templates, which wipe clean after use.

A little distressing and stamping...

...then remove the template and stamp your other images. Your template can be then be cleaned and put away until next time.
How's that for a thrifty Tuesday top tip... on a Thursday!!

And finally, I'm still looking for kind blogging buddies to sponsor me £1.00 in the Race for Life in a couple of weeks time. I'll be puffing my way around the course to raise money for Cancer Research in memory of a dear friend who recently lost her battle with this terrible disease. Anyone who sponsors me will go into the draw to win a £25.00 crafting gift voucher for BunnyZoe's Crafts.
You can click here to go to the fund raising page which I share with my teamies and donate in a few simple clicks using Paypal.

Thanks to everyone who has already donated, so far you've helped me to raise £19.00!!!
Big mwah's to you all for your kindness and generosity.

Happy crafting everyone...


28 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Oh wow what a gorgeous card - and a brilliant tip... i love the butterflies
Lisa x

Chrissie said...

This looks terrific!
Those butterflies are so pretty!
Thanks so much Jo.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Debbie said...

Fabulous card Jo. Love the tutorial for the circle....genius idea.
Debbiexx

coldwaters2 said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Jo, love the image so much the butterflies really stand out
Hugs
Lorraine x

cheryl said...

oh this is just beautiful Hun,love those butterflies,hugs Cherylxxxx

Paula Whittaker said...

Lovely card!

Unknown said...

What a lovely card - so bright and fresh. Great tip about the laminated card.

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card and great way to make a template.

Vicky said...

Thanks for your lovely thoughtful comments Jo.
Another wonderful here and a great tip - thank you :)xx

DesignerDiva said...

Adorable card Jo and a great tip!
Hugs Laurie xx

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Another absolutely stunning card! Thanks for the tip.
Hugs
Chris x

debby4000 said...

Absolutely beautiful.
luv
Debby

Dawn T said...

Great idea with the templates from laminated card. Great card. I really love the yellow colouring. Great fund raising too Jo.

coops said...

stunning card hun.gorgeous butterlfies and design :D

xx coops xx

Jenny said...

Brilliant card Jo... Love how you've highlighted the embossing with ink as well :0)
Jenny x

Mandi said...

Not so much white space but a terrific card
Love it
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Flutterby Trina said...

Lovely card! Thank for playing along with us at TTT with our Clean and Simple Challenge, good Luck and hope to see you again soon!

Pajalu said...

What a great tip Jo. I am so going to borrow that idea for the templates. Your card is stunning. I love what you have done xoxoxo

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Jo, love the fab tut and the masking technique is fab, gorgeous butterflies too.

Donna x

Flutterby Creations said...

Beautiful black and hello- so striking! LOVE the butterflies!

Kate
Xx

Vicky said...

Lovely card, I like the simpler look, but always find it is far more work!!! Great use of those gorgeous butterfly stamps

hugs Vicky x x x

Saskia said...

Wonderfully elegant card! Thanks for the kind comments on my blog.

Faye said...

Hello! Thanks so much for all the lovely comments you've been leaving at mine. Apologies for the tardy return visit, I'm battling boxes. Anyhoo, I luuuurve this card. Yellow is my fav colour anyway, but what you've created here is so stylish and very pretty. xx

xxxtglxxx said...

Oh this is beautiful, light and bright! :)

Gorgeous card, those butterflies are stunning!

hugs

xxalisonxx

downrightcrafty said...

elegance and class and stunning artistry love it
Hugs Kate xx

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh gorgeous card and great tip too ... I'm definitely going to have a go at that!

G Peplow said...

Two fab cards Jo, love both and thank you for the wonderful tut, very kind :0) xxx

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Beautiful job! Thank you for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday this CAS challenge and I hope you will join us again this coming Tuesday for our Dig out the Old Challenge!
Hugs
Tammy Louise