Thursday, 2 August 2012

Beautiful Butterflies...

It's a sketch challenge this week over at Less is More, and what a lovely simple sketch it is too! This one really got all the LIMettes' creative juices flowing, and as always Chrissie and Mandi came up with some beautiful and inspirational work to get us in the mood.
I played around with a few different ideas for the challenge, but finally settled on this...


I love the butterflies on the Hero Arts Clear Design set: Birds and Butterflies. This was the first Clear Design set that I bought and it remains one of my most favourite. Just the perfect stamp for making the 'happy' card that I had in mind. I hope the girls over at The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge agree that there's nothing more cheery than a cloud of bright butterflies as it's a Bright and Cheery challenge this week.

I coloured with Distress Inks and used a water pen for the first time. I need to practise, but it certainly gives a nice effect. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I'll just add that those tiny splodges of ink aren't so obvious IRL - what is it about the computer screen that magnifies all your little errors and mistakes???

This card is for my darling 'big' goddaughter. Sarah is 30 tomorrow, which I find both wonderful and unbelievable!

I'm away to the postbox now, so happy crafting everyone!


31 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi Jo, It's darling :0) As the Americans would say!! We are all so self critical, I love your butterfy theme and what a lot to colour, great card, hugs Gay xxx

Marlena M. said...

This is so beautiful Dotty Jo~every butterfly perfectly colored! Thank you for your sweet comment and visit. ;)

Sue said...

Stunning card, those butterflies are amazing and the colours are wonderful

Sue

Aud said...

This is lovely, there is certainly nothing wrong with your colouring the butterflies all look great. Aud x

CinnamonSally said...

Such a sweet pretty card Jo, your Goddaughter will love this. Your colouring is fabulous!

Lisa Jane said...

wow .. all those butterflies are just beautiful.. fabulous card


Lisa x
ps have you seen this new challenge -
http://heckofachallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Oh my gosh! I thought the card was made with patterned paper at first but now I see it is lovingly stamped and excellently colored. Amazing! I am going to intercept your mailman and steal this card and keep it with me always. Or maybe not.

Pia S said...

Love the colorful butterflies - they are so decorative. The sentiment is great too. Well done!

coops said...

so beautiful jo.i love the butterflies ;D

xx coops xx

Linda Brun said...

Beauiful and very stylish card. Love all the butterflies is fab. colors.

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous card Jo, love the beautiful design, the butterflies are so pretty.

Donna x

Carol Cel said...

very, very pretty!!
Thank you for commenting on my card as well.

Tracy said...

Oh pretty, pretty Jo! That butterfly print paper is fabulous and so gorgeous against the white background. Hugs!

Chrissie said...

This looks amazing and what a lot of careful colouring too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous LIM creation, thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
hugs Kate
ps I have candy if you are interested and have not already celebrated with me :)

Vicky Hayes said...

The cloud of butterflies is really effective Jo and your colouring is beautiful!

Patrice said...

This is a GREAT Card!!! SUPER!!!

Grts Patrice

Mrs Harry said...

This is a lovely card. I didn't see it until after I'd posted mine, so I promise I didn't copy your idea of butterflies and anyway mine are a cheat!

Mandi said...

This looks just fantastic
Fabulous colouring
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for playing at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Alice said...

i thought the butterfly piece was a patterned paper! you colored them so beautifully, Jo! gorgeous simple card! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

Wishcraft said...

Ooh this is lovely Jo, the butterfly panel looks gorgeous! Hugs, Lisa x

Pajalu said...

Jo what a beautiful card. I love what you have done with that sketch. Your butterflies are amazing xoxoxo

Dawn T said...

what a beautiful card Jo. Your field of butterflies is delightful.

Faye said...

They certainly are beautiful butterflies. This is a stunning card. xx

G Peplow said...

Thank you Jo, I'm such a lucky bunny :0) I hope you've had a great weekend, the Olympics are cheering me up, isn't it grand to hear the national anthem so often :0) hugs xxx

alexandra s.m. said...

A beautiful C&S card indeed!!
Greetings from Chicago~

Unknown said...

That is a gorgeous looking card! Who doesn't love a swarm of butterflies? Thank you for sharing it x

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

so pretty! love this too!!!!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Beautiful card - the butterflies are all that it needed to be a stunning creation! Wishing you a happy day today!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Wonderful creation

Ali x