Thursday, 24 January 2013

Dude, you rock!

Ok, I confess... occasionally I CASE a card. There, I've said it: I've finally come clean!
In truth I really don't do this very often, and if I ever do CASE someone else's work I don't show it on my Blog. However, I'm breaking this rule to share a card that I made over the weekend, inspired by the current theme at Less is More.

This fabulous original from the amazing Godelieve etched itself into my brain when I saw it a while ago. I wanted to make a card for my friend Rob's birthday and so needed a masculine look. No matter how hard I tried I kept coming back to the image that I had in my head of Godelieve's card, and so this was the result!  As you can see it is 'totally inspired' by the original, with the addition of a balloon, and a sentiment from Papertrey Ink.

Finally, here's a little funny moment from school today:

One of the children had written a story about time travelling back to the Tudor Period. It was an excellent piece, with lots of authentic language and images, only spoilt slightly by the fact that at the end of a hard days toil the servants sat down and shared a hearty meal of Pepperoni Pizza.

Happy crafting everyone!


16 comments:

Godelieve said...

Isn't that a fun stamp for a masculine card?
Your card looks great! The balloon adds a festive touch.
Thanks for the link back to my card.

Nicky said...

Love your card - really fun

Pajalu said...

What a great CASE of Godelieve's card Jo. I like them both & can see why you cased it. Sometimes it's good to do so & sharing the original is wonderful as well. I love what kids say, my two are always blowing my mind with what they come up with. Such a fun post.

Debbie said...

Lovely card I love B&W.
Oh the stories I have of my school life are so funny. the children I taught were only upto age 5 but the stuff they used to say was hylarious.
Debbiex

Paula Whittaker said...

what a fun card....fab!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sweetie I love your card ! It's so cool ! I loooove Snoopy and this image is dead cute ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

shirley-bee said...

I love this card! What a cool image!

Jen Nelson said...

this is fab... love the stamp!!!

Thanks for joining us
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

coops said...

stunning card jo.really fab image and design :D

xx coops xx

Chrissie said...

What fun!
I love this one.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Lisa Jane said...

Oh it's brilliant. Love it

Wishcraft said...

Oh great stamp, I love this! Hugs, Lisa x

G Peplow said...

Hi Jo, Fabulous! I love snoopy, What a wonderful card :0)
I have missed you too, things are better now, at last! :0)
Love your gorgeous LIM card, super colours! I have searched and searched and cannot find anymore Emerson stamps, got mine from Art Impressions but they don't have any that I can see:{ Such a shame, I love his quirky drawings, big hugs, Gay x

Lynne in NI said...

Ooooheee, what a fab card, love that sentiment too!
Hilarious pizza story too, bet you've a job sometimes trying not to laugh!!

Sarn said...

COOOOOOL! xxx

Linby said...

I think this card is a great take on the original idea. Too funny about the pizza!
You asked about downloading fonts- I have to say I have just downloaded them and they appear in where I would normally drop down my fonts - so not sure I have any help - sorry.
Linbyx