
For Week #104 the LIM girls have on offer a sweet little sketch drawn by Jen.
The instructions are very simple:
Make sure that the card stays in this
orientation so that the band remains in the horizontal plane, in the
lower part of the card and that it takes up no more than 1/3rd of the
height of the cardbase.
With this in mind I'm not quite sure how my 'band' crept a little up the card - I think it happened during the masking process! The sweet stamp is from Art Journey and is called 'Gorgeous Kids', and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I needed to do plenty of masking with this one, which I do enjoy but find tricky. I added some scoring to give added definition to the panel.
I have a real passion for turquoise (did you guess???) and so found myself swooooooning at the colour of the newly arrived library shelves.

Here's Mark, our lovely Caretaker beginning the assembly job. I can't wait to see the finished result, and neither can the kids as they've been pressing their noses against the glass panel in the door all day!


19 comments:
Hi Dotty Jo
Love the colour ... And the image.....
Hugs Sylvie xxx
Loving your CAS card I keep looking at this weeks challenge but cannot decide what to do lol
Hope we get a picture of all the books on the new shelfs x
Your card is beautiful. The colors and the stamp are a happy mix.
oo me likey but then you're using my fave colour and my fave stamp design company - It's a beaut!
dotty what fabulous inking... the sketch asked for the band to be in the lower half but it's great all the same!
Thanks for Joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"
Loving your card, and haven't the stamps got the most appropriate name "gorgeous"
Ooh, I love this! It looks fab in turquoise (one of my favourite colours too). And the scoring makes the panel stand out so well.
The turquoise is gorgeous Jo,especially on the white. Perfect CAS style and a great job on the masking too. Hugs!
gorgeous Jo. Your card is delightful
This is fabulous!! I love everything about it Jo, colour, stamps, embossing:0) Look at your new libray it's really taking shape:0) I hope you're still having fun, certainly looks like it!! Hugs Gay xx
p.s Thank you so much for your support it's very much appreciated, :0) xx
The band has crept up a little hasn't it!
It looks fab though!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Now this I like, I like a lot! Wow doesn't seem to cover it! X
This is gorgeous! Just realised this is one colour that I rarely use but after seeing your card will be doing so in the future!x
Thanks for your comment on my card! I saw yours at the LIMblog (recognized the stamp)The great blue coloring poped out! I love blue and this card! Greetings, Gerrina
Aw, this is so sweet! I like turquoise too...just don't use it enough! Thanks for popping by my blog, too!
Wow Jo, the colouring on this is just fabulous, and such a sweet image too!
Your library looks fab, that's so sweet that the children are excited to see how you're getting on!
gorgeous card!
Turquoise and blue are my favorite colors! Wonderful creation.
Two great cards, although I think I prefer the second one, lovely work.
Post a Comment