Sunday, 10 February 2013

Take it Make it Challenge

So Craft Stamper Magazine now has an online challenge - wooohooo!

The idea is that Katy and the DT girls will challenge us to tackle a technique showcased in Craft Stamper magazine: then we Take it and Make it our own!

For challenge #1 we get to play with a 'Faux Airbrushing' technique, demonstrated by Joanne Allison in the March 2013 issue. We get nearly TWO whole months to grab a copy of the magazine and perfect the technique before the challenge closes at midnight Friday 5th April. The girls will announce the winner on the Craft Stamper site on  Monday 8th April. 

I couldn't resist having a go straight away as I was knocked-out by the DT cards. I'm currently into masking and thought the technique would suit this style of card.
I masked-off a section on my card and got busy with Distress Inks, then sponged through some sequin waste with more Distress Ink to achieve the faux airbrushing effect. I inked-up a beautiful Art Journey stamp, but masked the surrounding words to leave just the image of the girl. I finished by adding further detail with a Craft Stamper freebie stamp and sentiment by Hero Arts.
Not a quick process, but very enjoyable and hopefully good enough to enter the challenge.

Happy Crafting everyone!

30 comments:

Vicky said...

Oooh gorgeous as always hun...and lovely layout too...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Debbie said...

Hey Jo saw this in the Craftstamper, your take on it is fantastic. Must have a go.
Debbiex

Lynne in NI said...

Wowee, I'd say this took ages to make, its a stunner! Hope you had a good weekend Jo!

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous card Jo, I love the design and your airbrush technique is really cool. Love the colours you have chosen. I must get a copy of the magazine and have a go!

Nicky said...

Love your card you make distress inks look lovely - I never managed to get on with them - might have to give it another go sometime.

Linby said...

Fab card. I must get the mag and give this a go.
Linbyx

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Jo. Glad the challenge goes for 2 months as January one has only just come out here in NZ... March won't be out for quite some time ~ hopefully before the end of the challenge so I can see the technique.

Redanne said...

Love your stunning card, that masking is a great technique and loving your stamped images too. A x

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Jo, what an elegant card ! Love the stamping... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Karin said...

it looks fabulous! gorgeous colors!

Anonymous said...

Its gorgeous

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Absolutely precious!
Beautiful design.
Love that image too.
Hugs
Chris x

jaine drake said...

Wow how beautiful. I love the masking with the air brushing technique, stunning. Thanks for joining the challenge with the Craft Stamper.

Angelnorth said...

Your faux airbrushing came out beautifully, I love this one! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge!

Kate Creates - a lot of mess, just ask my family..... said...

What a delicious colour scheme. I love how you used masking to create a band of colour.

Tracy said...

If this is a test run I can't wait to see the perfected technique. :-) Looks amazing to me. Some of my fave colors too. Hugs!

Sarah said...

Wonderful...that green is gorgeous. A lovely modern card. Thanks for joining in at Craft Stamper. Sarah.

Elaine said...

Beautiful colours and a great card!

Pajalu said...

Wow Jo, I love this card! It looks so amazing. I bet it looks even better in real life. Those colours & the way you have done the stamping just fantastic!

Monika Reeck said...

Love your technique dear...adorable card..

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card jo, love the beautiful design and scrummy colours.

Donna x

Trish Latimer said...

Phwoar!! Love this, the colours, the image everything! Superb masking there Jo!! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge! x

Alice said...

wow! gorgeous colors and such beautiful effect with the technique!! i am in love with this beauty, Jo!!

donna mikasa said...

Hi Jo! I absolutely LOVE your style of card making! So artsy and wonderful! I love all the turquoise, too--your signature colour! Hope you are well. Thanks for visiting my blog! Hugs to you.

Anneke said...

Beautiful card. Love the way you repeated the clocks, awesome!

Mrs Harry said...

Hi Jo, this such a beautiful card. In theory I could make this, but in practise it wouldn't look half so good as yours.

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

That's awesome created!

Gerrina said...

A gorgeous card!

Ginger said...

Great use of the technique. Thank you for entering it into the Craft Stamper challenge. x

shirley-bee said...

Hey, huge congrats on the win, Jo! I look forward to seeing it published in Craft Stamper :)