Sunday, 30 March 2014

With a little help from my friends!

Hi everyone, and a very happy mother's day to all you moms out there!

I haven't managed any crafting this weekend as I am full of cold/have severe hay fever - I'm not sure which, but its horrible.

I thought I'd share the fun from school last week, when we celebrated the 60th anniversary of the opening of the school. Sadly I can't share any of the children's costumes, but trust me they were amazing. Each year group was given a decade from 1950 onwards....






How fabulous?


And finally, here's the finishing touch for that unloved card from my previous post. Thanks to everyone who offered helpful suggestions on how to improve it. I opted for some faux stitching to pull things together.


Have fun!

9 comments:

G Peplow said...

What brilliant celebrations, fabulous costumes too! Isn't it great when everyone enters into the spirit, especially for the children :D
Your card is brilliant, personally I think it was fab without anything added but i can see that the stitching has brought in the dark ink of the stamped butterflies and probably has added that extra je ne sai quoi well done !!! Hugs Gay x

Lynne in NI said...

Heee, what a cool bunch you are!! (I'm especially lovin the hippy in the blue shirt hahahha)
Thanks for sharing your new and improved card ... you were right to go with the stitching - funny how such a little touch can completely change a card!

G Peplow said...

p.s Hope the cold/hay fever gets better soon :D x

Paula Whittaker said...

Great costumes - looks like you have fun at your school.
Hope what ever is ailing you soon goes...and the faux stitching does add an extra something to that card (BTW I thought it looked ok as it was!)

Dawn T said...

Looks like a good time was had by all Jo. The stitching really adds to the card.

Traceyr said...

Perfect card Jo and the staff look brill too. :)

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What a super fun thing to do! Want to copy it at my school - we only write about fashion history n needle work class - this would be so much more fun! TFS Your card and that background - AMAZING!!!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow look at all those fabulous outfits, it looks like so much fun.
Great faux stitching it really does bring the card together. Hope you feel better soon Jo.

Mrs Harry said...

It's amazing how a little border can make all the difference. It's even better than before, which is to say it was pretty great then.