Sunday, 31 August 2014

A Sunny Sunday Morning

Hi everyone, I hope your Sunday is as bright and sunny as it is here!


I had a little time to get crafting yesterday while Hubby went to the football so I broke out one of my favourite stamp sets: Ranunculus by Stampendous. I need a batch of birthday cards to see me through September and October so decided to check out the challenge over at Seize the Birthday. This week the topping is 'black and white' and the DT girls have really pulled out all the stops with a fabulous selection of inspiration. I was especially taken with Janet's beautiful card and decided to have a go at the technique she'd  used.


Janet's original is stunning and so well made. My homage (or CASE!) is a little shaky but I think it's ok as a first attempt. Stamping across three layers proved to be difficult and in places I had to ink-in the lines that were faint or missing.

My second card uses the same stamp but this time I embossed in gold and added a die-cut. I think this card would also work well as a wedding or anniversary card in these colours.


Finally, here is a slightly blurry picture I snapped out in the garden earlier.


It really is begging for a caption so feel free to leave one as a comment if the spirit moves you!

Back to school/work tomorrow: where did the summer go?


14 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Both cards are lovely! That is a very pretty flower stamp and perfect for this technique. I think your first try is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Inkyfingers said...

Pretty cards Jo and that first technique sounds really good. Can't have too many birthday cards in your stash. Have a great return to school.
Hugs
Carol x

Monika Reeck said...

In Gold I love it more but the one with black and white also beautiful and thats why you found my shoe card cause you look the challenge at Seize the Birthday..Clever black and white card Jo..love both...

Lynne in NI said...

'Save water, bath with a friend'!

Gorgeous cards, looks tricky to match the stamping up?
Can't believe summer is over already, seems like no time ago you were on the countdown to being off :(

Greta said...

Love that flower stamp, especially done in gold--stunning!

Karin said...

Great birthday cards and the image of the bathing birds is lovely!
Groetjes karin

Anonymous said...

Your cards are really beautiful and elegant Jo ! The flower is stamp is so lovely ! Love the pic too... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Nicky said...

Love the cards you have made - perfect for a number of occasions.

The caption for the birds is..

'make sure you wash behind your ears!'

CinnamonSally said...

Great to see you back in the craft room Jo and great cards too. I go back to work Tuesday and I am really not looking forward to it!! Hope the week goes well for you and not to tiring!!

Rebecca Hoy said...

Great cards Jo. I think the caption should be "come on in' the waters lovely!" Rebecca x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Jo I love your gorgeous black and white card it looks so classy and elegant I saw it in the DT line up when I went to check out the new challenge option. I love the photo of the birds, each morning my garden is full of Sparrows they get everywhere, they do make me smile.
hugs
lorraine x

Jodene said...

These are both great cards, and I love the layering on the first black and white one! Thanks for joining us over at Seize The Birthday :)

Liz McGuire, said...

Two stunning cards, Liz x

Janet's Joy said...

So glad you wee inspired my card! Yours turned out great!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!