Wednesday, 8 April 2015

A Passion for... Snark!

I'm back again and this time I've got my 'snark' on!


The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers are having a laugh with 'J is for Just Kidding' as they are still in the mood for an April Fool or two.

I couldn't resist using this fun AI stamp, which I think is called 'Celeste' but I'm not sure. I wanted the wording to be appropriate for a 50th birthday and after much thought came up with this:



The card is for a friend I've known since we were three years old. Its been a while since we last saw one another. Our friendship is more Facebook than face-to-face these days but I'm hoping her sense of humour hasn't healed over and that she'll enjoy this card. Actually, I could be leaving myself wide open to some serious retribution as I'll be hitting 50 in two months time!

I'm also linking up with the Passion for Promarker Challenge for Week #291 which is 'All About Birthdays'. I had loads of colouring fun with my Promarkers on this card!

And now I'm going to grab a cuppa and sit in the sunshine so catcha laters all you good, crafty people!

21 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous card and great sentiments Jo.

~amy~ said...

Love it!

Sue said...

Fabulous card! I love the image and fun sentiment!
Thank you for taking part in the Passion for Promarkers Challenge this week.
Sue xx

Tammy said...

This is so cute Dottie! What a fun image and I love the paper pieced sofa, fab sentiment too! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Hugs, Tammy

shirley-bee said...

Fab, fun card, Jo! Great colouring, and I love the wording ;)

Lindsey said...

Bwahaha! This is perfect! I adore the sentiment you came up with. What a great idea to stamp her again on the inside, nice! So glad you came and joined the fun at my *other* 'hood, the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! ;)

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is so cool Jo, I love, love that fantastic image and the sentiments it made me smile, brilliant card.
hugs
lorraine x

Barbara Godden said...

perfect amount of snark for the challenge, great image and beautifully coloured thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the J is for Just kidding challenge,

Jessi Fogan said...

omg, lol! This is just brilliant, too funny :)

Dawn T said...

LOL... awesome snarky card Jo. Just love it! As I'm sure you friend will!

Anonymous said...

Such a cool and funny card Jo ! Love it !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Monika Reeck said...

Fun Image
Great colors.and I believe your looong time friend will adore this..love your sense of humor Jo...do I get a birthday card tomorrow from you?May I ask when is your bday Jo?

Donna said...

Such a fun card Jo and the sentiment verse made me LOL! Great combination of paper piecing and colouring! Thanks for joining in our birthday challenge this week at Passion for Promarkers :) Donna ♥ x

coops said...

lol this is stunning jo.i love your colouring and fabulous image and wording ;D

xx coops xx

Tracy said...

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one hitting the big 5-0 this year. hee hee No better way to celebrate it than with a bit of humor. Great job! Hugs!

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Fun lovely card and perfect sentiment. But I really enjoy the dots on the couch! Nice touch. Thanks for joining us for the Just Kidding challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Donna said...

He he he love it, love the image and the inside sentiment!! Thanks for sharing and for playing along with the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our "J is for Just Kidding" challenge :D

Babs said...

Great image love the sentiment and I am sure your friend will appreciate the fun humor...x

Lynne in NI said...

LOL hilarious card Jo, your friend will love it!

Jenny said...

Brilliant card Jo, the sentiment is so funny and perfect for the image :) love your shading too.
Jenny x

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Very nice card. Love the snark. I almost bought a AI stamp or two today but held back. Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.