For my simple, one layer card I stamped and coloured a LOTV image. Then I created a rough mask and covered the little girl before splattering matching Distress Inks across the whole card to create a 'background'. I used a small paint brush as I wanted to keep the splatters small and dainty to match the image.
I quite like the effect but will probably do less splattering or limit the effect to a specific area if I try it again. Mmmm, or perhaps I'll mask around the card to create a border...
However, all-in-all a simple and fun technique!
Before I go I'll just remind you that the current Naughty Or Nice Challenge is still open. The theme is 'In Bloom' so any cards with flowers and floral designs are eligible to enter this month. Hope to see you there!


21 comments:
A super cute image with lots of splattered and 'dotty' fun.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More
Super SWEET! Love the splatters and the colors!
Hi Jo :)
Oooh, fab card!! I love the multi-coloured splatters!! :) I have this stamp and love it but haven't used it in ages... really must dig it out again!! ;)
Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog the other week... really made me smile!! :)
I love the splattered background Jo! It makes the card so joyfull and fun!
the little girl image is so cute and the splats are a great background, great card!
So gorgeous Jo! Love the background you've created!!
Lucy x
Aww what a cutie, I do love a good splatter, though I don't often think of using several colours ... looks fab!
Super sweet!
You did an awesome splattering job! The last time I tried mine were huge splotches. Need to find a better splatter tool. :-) Fun card and I think your ideas for the future sound very promising for some more wonderful creations. Hugs!
I love the background made from splatters, such a cute card :)
Jenny x
Adorable, gorgeous card.
luv
Debby
Superb splattering Jo. And you little girl is super sweet
This is so adorable Jo ! Love the splattering !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
How cute! Perfect spattering... I thought it was pretty paper that was a perfect match for your image.
This is a gorgeous card!
SUPER B Splattering agree with Dawn
and I looove that cute little girl
and you made it so girly
love all the color on the splatter
which yellow did you used is it distress inks from ranger? Which name is it Jo it looks like a neon Ink...love the much sentiment there
and your coloring always wonderful..love love love this cuuutee card..will try to join the Naughty or Nice Challenge..but the competition is thought I never can be the winner I know it hehehe..but I love to join cause Jo is a DT there...I will support you..hugs, Monika
What a little sweetie, your splatters look great all around her!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Good morning sweetie, this is simply stunning, have a great day hugs Pops x
Oh how cute and pretty this is Jo love the 'splatter' background.
hugs
lorraine x
So glad we inspired you to try Jo, love er co-ordinating splatters!
Thank you for joining us at LIM
Anne
Less is More
Super sweet card & sometimes it's neat to have lots of splatters--love this!
eek! This is totally cute!
Post a Comment