Yes, that would be me. I know that I joined-up with the HOC girls to push and challenge myself creatively but METALICS? Seriously?
Actually, after a little panicking I decided to use metallic embossing powders and a homemade stencil to create my card. I opted to make another shaker card and have even created a mini photo tutorial which will be appearing on the HOC Blog later this month.
Its a pity the light is catching the card in this way. In real life it looks much better and much less gaudy. My super-talented teamies at HOC have created some total fabulousness for their metallic-inspired creations and you can take a look by following this link to see for yourself.
Have a great day!



26 comments:
This is really beautiful, such a stylish card ! Love it... Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
Jo, this is SO fabulous!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the polka dots--and the metallic shine is BEAUTIFUL! HUGS! :) Mynn xx
Well, you did GREAT! Love your fun card and your use of embossing paste! Spot on! Hugs, Gracie / HOC
This is gorgeous, absolutely stunning and great idea making a round shaker to go with it! Donna T. HOC's
How really different than your card Jo
you are always great at coloring the Images
and this card is OUT OF THE COMFORT ZONE of you I can see it
But you did a BEST Metallics card
I adore that gold and silver circle in different shape
I adore the shaker inside there
and the happy oh tell me how did you glue it the sentiment
ADORABLE and AWESOME card Jo
Luv your idea much
Hugs, Monika
(PS: tell me your opinion please about my Metallics card...wanna hear from you my "OLD" friend from HAflickr hehehe )
Hi Dotty. Fun and metalic shaker card you have made here. Take care.
(✿*‿*) Ma
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/
Hi Dotty! Wow this is an amazing elegant card! I love shaker cards! Fab job!
Have a great day!
Donna HOC Teamie
Cool card Jo, great job with your stencil!
WOW, gorgeous shaker card Jo!! I love your silver & gold embossed circles, fabulous way to add the sentiment too!
Hugs, Tammy
I love shaker cards! I think you did an excellent job with this months challenge. It's not too anything, it's perfectly put together. :)
This isn't gaudy at all--it's sassy!
Toni
HOC DT teamie
this is so elegant! i love all the dots and then finding a surprise shaker circle!
linda
HOC DT
Jo, it's gorgeous! I love it!
Hugs,
Em, HOC teamie
Fabulous idea, Dotty Jo! I just LOVE shakers and the pretty silver and gold touches add such sparkle and shine to it! Just beautiful!
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie
Isn't it fun to push yourself?!!? I felt the same way with metallics. You did an awesome job. BRAVO!!! Great card!
Love your card! Fabulous way to incorporate "metallic" into your card.
Sue
HOC DT
This is a real show stopper Jo, it's jaw dropping gorgeous,
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs and kindest regards
Bridget 😄 xx
Such a cool card - love those big metallic dots! Fits your name, to ;) Hugs, Cornelia (HOC teamie)
Wow, what a fabulous card. I love your idea for using the metallic embossing powders and making it a shaker card. Such a clever idea. Love it. Hugs, Barbara HOC teamie
Love this card!!! And thank you for the tutorial!!!
Lilian HOC teamie
The Leaf Studio
What a fun card and perfect for the challenge, there was no need for you to panic ;) I like the sequins added to the front. Thanks for the tutorial, too. Heather HOC teamie
Very cool card Jo, love the shaker circle and the cool metallic effect with the homemade stencil.
Hugs
You did a pretty awesome job for someone out of their comfort zone! Beautiful!! jane hoc teamie
This is really stunning--love it, Jo!
Your card is gorgeous! Love how you incorporated the metallics! :) Big Hugs! Katy HOC Teammate :)
Fabulous card!! The metallic shine is simply awesome!!
Hugs, Rosi (HOC teamie)
Post a Comment