Friday, 1 January 2016

House of Cards January Challenge - Use embossing and/or colours

Happy New Year everyone!

We're getting 2016 off to a great start over at House of Cards today with a technique and a colour challenge all rolled into one!


Isn't this a gorgeous graphic? I love the colours and was delighted to find some card to match the darkest green of the palette. 


This little stamp set stole my heart when I spotted it over at Make the Day Special. Adorable or what!
I wasn't sure how to colour the alpaca so did a little Googling and found this crazy picture. It's official: Alpacas are cute!


Our technique for January is embossing. I used an oldie but goodie embossing folder plus I heat embossed the wording... Job done!

As always there's plenty of inspiration to see over at House of Cards so why not take a look and join in our January Challenge?

18 comments:

Toni said...

Lol! "Alpaca" my scarf! Very cute!

Judy V said...

Such a cute card Jo! My daughter loves lamas. I might have to check
this image out! Happy New Year!
Judy HOC Teamie

CinnamonSally said...

So cute and I love the sentiment !

Donna said...

This is adorable Dotty Jo, I like that you used heat and dry embossing, great idea! Donna HOC teammie

Merethe A said...

So cute Dotty Jo. I agree with you Alpacas are cute and so are your card.

(✿*‿*) Ma (Merethe)
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

I have that stamp set also - have not played with it yet - cute card
thanks for sharing

Barb Housner

sue t. said...

This is too cute! Love all the embossing. well done!

Mynn xx said...

Jo, this is TOTALLY DARLING! I LOVE LOVE LOVE puns, so this card really makes me happy! Fabulous creation, friend! HUGS and HAPPY NEW YEAR! :) Mynn xx

Lynne in NI said...

Hahahaha LOVE it!

Jane Knudsen said...

Adorable! I love it! I had to get this image to and I think you have just inspired me to use it! jane hoc dt

LeslieT said...

OMG, this couldn't be any cuter! I love it! Such adorable little critters! Thanks so much for the warm welcome to the DT - I'm looking forward to lots of fun!

Irish Cherokee said...

Agree, alpacas are cute. There is a place nearby that raises them. Wonderful card.

Jim

Michele K. Henderson said...

Goodness, these alpacas are ADORABLE! Love your fun and whimsical card! Have a warm and crafty 2016!
Take Care!
Michele

Greta said...

Darling card, Jo! They certainly are cute!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

LOL! This is adorable, cute and fun. Love it!
Hugs Tina
HOC DT

Em Louise Fairley said...

Jo, it's adorable! I love it!
Hugs,
Em, HOC teamie

Katy said...

Love you card! Very cute! And that picture of the alpacas-that's great! :) Hugs! Katy HOC Teammate :)

Unknown said...

Jejeje... it's a very funny picture! your creation is beautiful and very inspiration, Adorable!
Thanks for sharing with us! Happy to see you, Paula.