It's mid-month reminder time over at Naughty or Nice Challenges for our current theme, which is Rainbows!
I decided to conjure-up this little piece of canine craziness: doesn't this sweet Katzelkraft Rotty look completely delighted with his exploits?!?
To create my rainbow background I used a technique which I think started with the wonderful Jennifer McGuire. Having seen quite a few cards made with this lovely technique I decided to give it a go myself. I painted stripes of watercolour across a card and them stamped with Versamark and then clear heat embossed. After the embossing had cooled I went back in with clean water and carefully washed away some of the colour not protected by the embossing.
In addition to our Rainbow Challenge we have a DT call over at Naughty or Nice this month and have already had some great entrants. If you'd like to try out for the team you have until April 25th to do so! I really hope you can join us for the current challenge...

18 comments:
hahahahha..... Love, love, love this card and sentiment!
hihi so cute this Dog
and nice rainbow really what you made here
I love this technique from Jennifer you made
I will try this too soon...but not now I am concentrate on Stencil challenge hehehe LOL
great cute card
will join too soon Jo
hope I can managed it
hugs
Monika
Cute card and funny. rainbow from both ends.. lol.. hugs
This is great! Who makes this stamp set? The sentiment is just my speed!
This one made me laugh Jo. Love the background. Great technique.
OMG...... His face is priceless and I can totally see him thinking that :) great background too x
This is so cool and funny Jo ! Love the background ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
LOL, you're not naughty, you're downright evil!!
That is the funniest card I've seen for ages, and am super impressed by your fabby background too :)
I've been meaning to try that technique too, thanks for the reminder and the gorgeous example. As for the dog and his sentiment... troublemaker perfection! :)
Love, Love, Love your doggie and his barf! So cute!
Hehe, love it! Great background too.
Oh, my! That is so funny! I love it!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio
Hi Jo
I love the background on your card very much! Great technique and lovely colour choices.
I hope all is good at your end.
Love Jules xx
Fabulous doggy card and love the rainbow background.
luv
Debby
Oooooo! I'm definitely going to have to give this a go! I just got some new Distress Crayons and this technique sounds PERFECT for that!
such a gorgeous creation sweetie hugs Pops x
Hehe, how cool is this! Love the sentiment!
Great background technique for your pretty rainbow on your fun card, Dotty Jo
Post a Comment