Saturday, 30 April 2016

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - Q is for Quilts.

Wooo Hooooooooooooo!


I'm as happy as a miniature dancing Chandler to announce I'm joining The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for a three month DT slot! Believe you me, I've pinched myself so many times to check it's true it's beginning to hurt! A big thank you to the Sisterhood for letting me 'seek my inner snark' in their company over the next few months!

So, let's jump right on in and see what the lovely Edna requires from everyone today!


Here's my offering for this fun challenge:



I used to be a quilter before I discovered the noble art of card making. I was very fortunate to have a fabulous quilting shop just five minutes from where I used to work and spent many a long, dreamy lunch-break surrounded by gorgeous quilt patterns and jaw-droppingly beautiful fabrics. Unsurprisingly, I was late back from there on quite a few occasions!

These lovely AI ladies are having a giggle about 'Fat Quarters'. 



For any non-quilters out there, a Fat Quarter is a pre-cut length of cotton fabric. To my rather juvenile brain in doesn't sound a million miles from being a butt joke: hence my card!
The pretty papers are from Basic Grey and I've tried to create a simple 'quilt block' effect as a background for the ladies. I've also thrown in a little subtle paper-piecing for good measure.

The Sisterhood have a done a great job with this theme, as you'll find out if you click here and take a look!

11 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

What a fabulous card, love it and the fat quarter reference, AI has some great quilter images as well as oodles of others (I used one too) Welcome to the Sisterhood.....Sister.

Lynne Mizera said...

Ooooh, I am still laughing!!! (as the tears run down her thighs- Giggle) This is FANTASTIC SISTAAAH! I am so happy you are joining us over at the Club and I can't wait to see what you create next! (((HUGS)))

Monika Reeck said...

oh my dear Jo
you coloring the ladies sooo adorable
love love love the shading there
I am not good at shading and your is perfect Jo
Look at her white throusers also with shading
clever quilt you put here
Love the sentiment too with vellum
it called a clever and Adorable card
I miss your visit Jo
big hugs and hope you are healthy there
Monika

Aileen said...

Congrats to you, well deserved. Cant wait to see more. I love these ladies and that sentiment, well I'm not a quilters butt so I certainly saw the humourous side to the comment. Love it, great card.

Dawn T said...

LOVE this one. I really need to get some more of these AI stamps.

Nicole Parmentier said...

Hilarious!! I have some quilting friend who would die to get a card like this, love it!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Hahahaha great job Jo, love the reference to the fat quarter - though my butt is heading towards a fat half LOL ... said she sitting with a bar of chocolate in front of her Ooops ;)
Congrats on your DT slot x

Lindsey said...

Right off the top, I love the gif you chose to celebrate joining us as for the next few months! Brilliant. And then equally brilliant is your card, where you captured the triumvirate of paper-piecing, quilting, and snark! Nicely done. :)

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Gorgeous and fun! I like the quote on the vellum. It's so great having you for a sister!

Jane Willis said...

This made me laugh out loud. PLUS it is gorgeous to look at, so a win-win situation!
Jane

Donna said...

Welcome to the sisterhood!! This couldn't be more perfect for the challenge!!

*~*Donna*~*