Saturday, 14 May 2016

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - F is for Fugly!

Oh, my goodness! Edna, what are you wearing? 

Yes, there's another fabulous, fun challenge to be had over at the Sisterhood: F is for Fugly.


For my offering, I went with the notion that there are few things in life fuglier than a truly horrendous Christmas sweater/jumper.  Hands up if you've ever been forced to wear one of these abominations during the festive season? Actually, I think this little lady (called Lulu) looks surprisingly relaxed about the whole experience but the cat's expression is priceless!


I love these wonderfully, whimsical VeraLaneStudio images by Janet Klein and knew Lulu, and her lurid sweater, would be perfect for this challenge theme. I created the background using Brushos on watercolour paper and then stamped with a favourite Hero Arts background stamp.

Why not take a look at all the fun by heading on over to the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and then share your own little gems of fugliness!

15 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Ugly Christmas sweater! That's brilliant for this challenge! Your rocked it!

Eunice von creative clutter box said...

Absolutly brilliant card - I love the image and your design - great! :)

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Heehee brilliant. Made me smile alot. Nice one Jo. Loved the colours of the background and skill used to colour the characters too- an all round great card.
I'm going to add this challenge to my list xx

Lynne in NI said...

LOL I love your fugly card!

Dawn T said...

Just amazing. You have come up with the perfect card for the theme. Vert inspiring!

Barbara Godden said...

Never would have thought of a fugly Christmas sweater for the challenge, Fabulous job. nice to have you along with us for the ride.

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

I actually really like this card. It makes a great ugly sweater invitation.

Printable Art said...

love the cat! fab!! great job!

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Fabulous use of that great Vera Lane image. Perfect for the challenge theme.

Jane Royston said...

A brilliant card! Love their expressions, Jane :) x

Donna said...

Fab card for the fugly challenge sistah! Love the unimpressed look on the cat's face and the jumper is totally fugly :)
Just perfect!

Lindsey said...

I think ugly Christmas sweaters/jumpers are mandatory if you're a teacher, aren't they? :D This card is brilliant, Jo. Love the Brusho background and how you coloured Lulu and the kitty.

coldwaters2 said...

Ooooo what a funky quirky image I love it I also love the mix of bright vibrant colours Jo it suits the image perfectly
hugs
Lorraine x

Jane Willis said...

Brilliant card, I love the sentiment, perfect for it
Jane

Monika Reeck said...

wooowww
I love that backgorund
you are so clever to combine the green and yellow
so clever and so lovely and I adore this cute cat and little girl
cut and fun card Jo