Saturday, 28 May 2016

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - N is for Not a Card!


Hi Crafters!

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers have cooked-up yet another great challenge



For this challenge you can make anything you want... So long as it isn't a card.

Okay, let's be honest; I panicked over this one and had a total brain freeze. I couldn't think what to make until I remembered that I had a small, wooden box which I'd begun working on earlier in the year.

The box was already painted in Gesso so I added a layer or two of cream acrylic paint to give a good base to work on. I added stencilling and some stamping and then came to a full stop!


I quite like the effect but feel the need to add something else.


Mmmmmm, maybe a butterfly or flower? Definitely still a work in progress...

Anyhoooooo, thankfully my teamies faired better with this challenge and you can see their work over at Snark Central!

11 comments:

Lynne Mizera said...

Great Start... now for the FUN BIT... EMBELLISHING! How about adding a cutout of Edna? Saying something sarcastic in her dry, unemotional way? Giggle I cannot wait to see what you do NEXT Sistaaah!

Tracy said...

I think your stenciling looks lovely on that sweet little box. Can't wait to see the finished results. Hugs!

Lynne in NI said...

Well it's very pretty!

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute little box, great stenciling, fabulous work of art in progress.

Lindsey said...

You are selling yourself short, Jo — this is such a pretty little treasures box! Of course you could add embellishments, but the stencilling and stamping are lovely. :)

Monika Reeck said...

I love your stenciling Jo
and that box is so sweet
I think too if you put butterfly will be looks more wonderfull
I cant wait to see the finish result my friend
see you around Jo
hugs
Monika

Dawn T said...

Great design on your box. Yes a few flowers and leaves will make a huge difference. Can't wait to see the final product.

Majo said...

You always seem to have the better ideas, luv it ♥

Eunice von creative clutter box said...

I like it - perhaps you can add a big cutout sentiment?
Hugs, Eunice

Chris Dring said...

Well, as a work in progress, this looks amazing already!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Jo i love how you have decorated the box the mix of colours look so petty
hugs
lorraine x