Now, there are challenges and there are FABULOUS challenges... And I have to say that this one is nothing short of brilliant!
The lovely Edna makes a very smart witch, and doesn't she look great against her stunning pink background; reminding us that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. That's right ladies, this month a worldwide annual campaign involving thousands of organisations seeks to highlight the importance of breast awareness, education and research. This is a subject very dear to my heart as my mom is a breast cancer survivor.
I had waaaaaaay too much fun making this card! I smooched a hole heap of pink Distress inks onto some watercolour paper and then left it to dry overnight. I added some splatters in gold and die cut to size. I coloured a clipart cauldron and then coloured and fussy cut the witches legs from a wonderful little set by Hero Arts. The cobwebs are from the same set, as is the sentiment.
The Sistahs also had fun with this challenge and I'll bet you will too, so why not jump on your broomsticks, fly by and take a look. You have until 11.55pm EST on Friday 14th October to upload your project.


9 comments:
Please don't make me eat a bowl of whatever broth is in that pot! Brilliant idea and wonderfully executed. That background is gorgeous
Jane
I. Love. This. Card!!! LOVE IT, I tell ya! What a bright pink background, and the witch legs sticking out of the cauldron is too stinking funny!
fabulous card love it.
So cool with this splashing background!
Yep yep yep! This is all kinds of Pink Halloween perfection!
I love the background, the spiders, the cauldron, the witchy legs!!
Fab job!
So very awesome, Jo! Love the cardbase cobwebs, the smooshed background, and of course the witch in her own pot!
If it wasn't so funny I'd say "awww poor wee witch"!
FAB background :)
Oooh pink halloween. What a lark!! Might have to join the fun. Love your witch soup. Hugz
always happy to visiting you
wish I have 48 hours a day hehe
I love this image
the background again stunning
and lovely coloiring as always Jo
miss you
hugs from cold Germany
Monika
Post a Comment