Saturday, 12 November 2016

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenge #72 - Z is for Zentangle

Edna's been hard at work creating a beautiful, Zentangled background for you to marvel at and enjoy!


Yes, crafters, it's time to Tangle over at SoSS!


It's also time for a confession from yours truly... I tired and tried with this challenge but found I was unable to create anything I liked. After wasting several sheets of my best card I decided a different approach was needed and went in search of the free digital image given away with the October edition of the Craft Stamper magazine


I printed the image on white cardstock, and then printed it again on design paper, which I'd stamped in a variety of patterns and colours. I used this to paper-piece the image and then added additional colour with my pens. I have to say that I quite like the end result!
My teamies are a talented bunch and you are going to love their creations and how they achieved their perfect patterns.

Wanna tangle with Zentangles? Come join us please...





13 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Lovely job, I giggled when you said you mess3e up good cardstock. I cheated and printed my template out of copy paper to practice before setting my pen to the "real" image. I'm glad you worked it all out for the challenge.

Donna said...

Nothing beats a free digital image! And you rocked the challenge.
If it makes you feel better I know a few of us (ME ME ME) didn't draw ours either lol

CinnamonSally said...

Your card turned out fabulous Jo even if it took a while to take shape.

Jane Willis said...

I love the effect of combining the paper piecing with the Zentangle, I think this looks lot nicer (and less migraine inducing) than a large mass of black and white.
Jane

Eunice von creative clutter box said...

Love your card and try to make a card for this challenge this weekend :)

Aileen said...

Know the feeling, tried the zentangle stuff and just ended up with a tangle so digital works totally for me. Love your card

Lindsey said...

If a magazine is going to be nice enough to provide such an awesome image, who is a Sister to say no! :D It's such an elegant card, I love it! You took the download and totally made it your own.

Dawn T said...

beautifully done Jo. It is a gorgeous

Lynne in NI said...

Great job Jo!

Nicole Parmentier said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Jo, really artistic!!!

Billie A said...

Awesome card.

Mimi said...

Great job! (I hate wasting resources too)... but awesome that you tracked down these leaves! Great card!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

I totally thought you did that yourself by hand. I think your card is gorgeous.