Wednesday, 9 August 2017

Rubber Dance is Sponsoring The Card Chain Challenge!

Hi there!

Sometimes it does us all good to step out of our comfort zone and try out another creative style, right? I have to say I was soooo far away from my comfort zone that we weren't even within waving distance, but boy, did I ever have fun!

This gorgeous creature is the Curious Cat from Rubber Dance. For anyone not familiar with this stamp company, this is a Norwegian stamp company with a growing collection of  beautiful, fun, and arty images.  All the deeply etched red rubber stamps are lovingly handmade by the owner Bibi in her home based workshop and sold unmounted.  Bibi has generously provided Curious Cat, which will go to one lucky blog reader who leaves a comment on this post over at The Card Chain Challenge blog. A big thank you to Bibi for acting as our sponsor this month, your kindness and generosity is much appreciated.


I really love this stamp, and I knew straight away that I wanted him to look as if he was appearing out of the undergrowth after an hour or two of footling around - such a cat thing to do!


I'm linking-up to the current challenge at Rubber Dance, which is a gorgeous palette of green, rust and magenta. Turns out that I don't have any rust coloured ink in my stash, so I opted for a deep orange as the nearest colour match I could achieve.


If you'd like the chance to win this gorgeous stamp, just head on over to The Card Chain Challenge and leave a comment before our September Challenge closes. While you are there you can read all the info about how this worldwide card exchange works, and hopefully you'll be tempted to play along. The CCC has already exchanged 2,357 cards from participants from 38 of the 50 United States AND 30 countries of the world!

13 comments:

Liz McGuire, said...

This is sooooo cool. Love the rich colours and peeking thru the foliage is genius!

Liz x

Billie A said...

Wow this card is so awesome. I love the deep colors for the awesome cat and the black leaves make this card so awesome. I love the look and the cat peeking out from the foliage. I love this look. Hugs

Sue said...

This is really lovely, beautifully coloured using our mood board. Thank you so much for playing along with us this month at Rubber Dance. Sue xx

Cara said...

That's an awesome cat and I love how you created him peeking out of the undergrowth x

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous Jo. Love how you coloured the cat and those pretty white highlights. The black foliage at the front and the light background really makes this glow. Love that leafy branch that has got on his head. Such a fun detail and oh so cat!! Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Cheryl said...

Great card! This looks like it was so much fun to color and I love all the details in your background :)

Paula Whittaker said...

It really doesn't look like you were out of your comfort with this at all but think I said before, you can turn your hand to anything!
I love the image the fabulous colour combination - very striking x

Lynne in NI said...

Custard may watch out or he'll be getting a lick of paint! This is gorgeous Jo!

Rubber Dance said...

What an amazing card. Thank you for using our stamp! I love the contrast! Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance colour challenge. You can enter your work also to our Forever Stamping challenge: https://rubberdance.blogspot.de/p/forever-stamping-challenge.html
xx Susanne.

Monika Reeck said...

the CAT is cool
and the added of leaves is clever
love the coloring the cat (Zentangle?)
love this image and the way you colored
great project my friend

nitisartfromheart.bloggspot.no said...

WoW love this! I love the way you colored the cat. It is SO powerful. Thank you so much for joining the Rubber Dance challenge.
Hugs, Anita ❤️

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautifully colored cat image. Love your card.
Thank you for joining us at Rubber Dance challenge this month

ionabunny said...

Congrats on your honourable mention at Rubber Dance Jo. Well deserved. Hugz