Saturday, 25 November 2017

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Challenge #98 - I is for Industrial.




Bless her, our Edna certainly has a great taste in hats!
Yes, Edna has gone all Steampunk this week as we do I is for Industrial over at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!!


To be honest I've never really tried the Steampunk look for a card before, but I'm loving the Gothic/Industrial vibe and finally used one of my all time favourite stamps: Sweet Pea Talsa.

I stenciled with Distress Inks to create the background and then added plenty of script in black Versafine ink. I masked Talsa and stenciled around her. The background panel needed something more, so I embossed with a quilting folder to give subtle texture. I added the sentiment and the butterflies and then threw on a few cogs for luck!

I had such a blast making this card! Come see what my sistahs produced - they rocked this challenge big time, and our Queen (The very talented Corrie) created something rather wonderful which you won't want to miss!


15 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

This is gorgeous, there was a lot of work just in the background fantastic job.

Jane Willis said...

This is so beautiful! I had a stab at making Steampunk feminine but you have totally nailed it!
Jane

Marilyn said...

This is a great steampunk card, actually, a great card! I like the image, the colours, the butterflies and sprockets. I remember having to do my first steampunk card and I hadn't a clue what it was but you've done a grand ob with this.

Corrie Herriman said...

Love your card ! It is fabulous ! Thanks for the shout out !

Corrie x

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh she's fab! And I'm LOVING your gorgeous background, all your stamping and texture combined for a really great effect :)

Donna said...

Fabulous!
I love the colours and the addition of the butterflies!
Great job sistah!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Jo. Steampunk is a genre I haven't done a lot of, you have nailed it here.

Nicole Parmentier said...

Beautiful Jo! I really love the steampunk vibe you brought into your card, but still it is fresh and fun!

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Jo this is absolutely gorgeous the image is amazing so is the colour and embellishments, super, super make
hugs
lorraine x

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous steam punk card Jo.

Cara said...

Just fabulous, I love your use of stencils x

Tracy said...

You nailed this challenge. Love the added cogs for some terrific dimension. Hugs!

Lindsey said...

This is so very fine! Beautiful steampunk work. :)

Paula Whittaker said...

loving the stencilled background

Chris Dring said...

Beautiful steampunk card! Fabbo image and love your background!!