Saturday, 2 December 2017

November 2017 Card Chain Challenge Reveal

Welcome to my final CCC Reveal post for 2017. 


Here's the card I sent to Janet in Mauritius (how I wish I could have stowed away in the envelope and gone to get some sun!)

As always we had a gorgeous colour palette, which I matched using Distress Inks.

 We also had a sketch. I drew inspiration from the sketch in that I used circles on my card.


The themes were Blessings/Deer/Friendship and the products Papertrey Ink and Watercolours.





I may have been channeling J.K.Rowling and the whole Harry Potter 'Petronus' vibe when I created this card. To me, stags and deer are magical and dream-like, so what better symbol could I pick for following one's dreams? Sadly, I just couldn't get the glorious pinks and yellows to photograph properly. Perhaps the card will look brighter, and the colours truer, in the Mauritius sunshine!

I received this beauty from Robyn in Australia. Isn't it a great take on the sketch and the colour themes?



We're having our Christmas break at CCC as we don't exchange cards during December. However, you can sign-up for our January 2108 challenge by heading here and you can see the whole reveal by heading here.





5 comments:

Dawn T said...

So beautiful Jo.

Cara said...

What a gorgeous warm card you created x

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh your shaded circles are so pretty and fab stag image too! Wouldn't mind some of that sunshine myself ... meet you at the airport?

Anneke said...

Awesome cards, love the circles on the background!

Monika Reeck said...

oh woooowww your BG with hat different red and orange STUNNING
I have to remember it and take my distress ink and blended like you did here
Stunning card Jo and the card you have from Robyn is adorable too
is she the same Robyn from HA Flickr?
I was getting much lovely DP paper from her past time
reply me please
hugs
Monika