Friday, 2 March 2018

Card Chain Challenge - February Reveal

It's reveal time again over at the Card Chain Challenge and while the snow may have slowed the transit of some of the cards those that are in the reveal so far are gorgeous!

I broke out a new MFT set for my card to enable me to pick up on the theme of dogs. Torn paper was also on offer as a technique so, instead of tearing some DP, I masked with a torn post it note and used Distress Inks to create the background.


My recipient was the lovely Arlene in California.

The colours were gorgeous for this challenge, but I did find them tricky to replicate from the range of inks and pens in my stash.                                     

 

The sketch had to go by the wayside for my design, which was a pity as it's a really nice one!


The very talented Jane sent me this beautiful card. She really is such an accomplished card maker and I always love her work.
                                           



















If you'd like to join us at CCC the March sign-up here and you can catch the rest of the reveal here.

Keep warm and happy crafting!

7 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Darling card Jo, I am sure Arlene loved it.

Nicole Parmentier said...

I am a dog person so this card touches my heart. Love the torned background also!

ionabunny said...

I was convinced you had been ripping up the stash! Fab inking and I think you did great with the colours. That image is so cute and Jane's card is gorgeous. Hugz

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Jo. Lucky Arlene!

Cara said...

This is fantastic x

Lynne in NI said...

Awww sweet doggy card. Lovin the effect of your 'torn' paper.

Billie A said...

So cute Love love love..