Sunday, 29 September 2019

The Library Challenge

A little while back I was delighted to have Marina from My Perfect Life and The Library Challenge guesting as the elf over at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge. I was completely bowled over when she asked me to reciprocate and be her Visiting Librarian over at The Library Challenge!


I love the whole concept of The Library Challenge; there are just so many fabulously inspiring book covers out there! As I am a real life librarian (I work in a primary school) I spend a lot of my time looking at and talking about book covers. Marina's challenge combines my two great passions.


Isn't this cover a beauty? The book itself is a very lovely story which has been made into some gorgeous films. If my memory serves me, the first version of the film was shot in black and white with the garden scenes being shot in glorious technicolour!

For my card I've picked up on the colours and also those gorgeous swirly flowers that straight away reminded me of the larger stamps in the Altenew Simple Flowers set.


I've really enjoyed being Marina's visiting librarian and can't wait to see what appears in the gallery over at The Library Challenge inspired by this cover!

9 comments:

Mrs A. said...

This looks an interesting challenge. I am an avid reader getting through at least 3 books a week at present. I homed in on those swirly flowers too. Your card is lovely. Hugs Mrs A.

Marina said...

I love how those colours and flower shapes reflect the cover- a gorgeous colour combo and the stitch effect and the label-style sentiment are the perfect finishes. What a great choice of book - one of my all-time favourites. Thanks for being Visiting Librarian - a bit of a 'busman's holiday', I know!

Anneke said...

Wow you picked an awesome book cover! And your card is very beautiful as well!

Darnell said...

I love your take on the book, Jo! You executed the elements you pulled from the cover beautifully! Congratulations on being the Visiting Librarian!! Hugs, Darnell

Inkyfingers said...

What a great interpretation of the book cover, Jo, and I love the colours you used.
Hugs
Carol x

Dawn T said...

what a great card and I can see how the beautiful book cover inspired you. Great challenge by Marina.

CinnamonSally said...

Sounds like a fun challenge, I read a lot sometimes two books a week now I am retired, I love to escape into a story! Love your card Jo and love the blues and greens!

Tracy said...

Great interpretation of the cover. Those swirly flowers really do stand out.

Lynne in NI said...

Great take on your book cover Jo, those swirly flowers are lovely! I won this book in a spelling contest in P7 and adored it!