Tuesday, 31 December 2019

The Christmas Kickstart Challenge #27 - Penguin Parade


Hi there, did you all have a good Christmas? Feeling up to partying the night away as 2020 approaches? And are you ready to make a Christmas card??? Yes, it's time to begin making our Christmas cards for 2020! 

The theme for this challenge is:

Challenge #27 - Penguin Parade

and I'm delighted to be joined by Gail from Crafty Nomad to undertake the elfin duties.


I spotted Mama Elephant's Little Penguin Agenda just before Christmas and fell head-over-heels in stamp love!


Aren't they adorable? You get twenty little penguins in this set; some with Winter accessories and some that could be used for birthdays. I can see me using this set again and again.

Card #2 is all about random stamping and a central panel from a very old Technique Tuesday set that doesn't appear to be available any more. This was very quick and simple to make.




Rudolph's back after a busy time guiding Santa's sleigh and he's offering a gorgeous (and very appropriate) prize for this his Random Raffle draw:


So, as Santa heads off for a well earned rest, Gail and I very hope you'll come and join us for the first pre-Christmas 2020 Challenge. 


12 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute penguin cards, great penguin stamp, how adorable is that. after mice penguins are my fav. Great challenge. Since I'm housebound I have some time.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I just love penguins, Jo - fun challenge! And your quintet on card one looks adorable and I love the single on card two with the background of outline penguins also!!

ionabunny said...

Squueeeeee!!! Cuteness overload. Those little penguins are so cute. Love the background you made. Thanks for having me as your elf again Jo. Hope you have a Happy New Year and best wishes for an AWESOME 2020. Hugz

KT Fit Kitty said...

Lots of cuteness here! I love penguins! Hoping to join this challenge and start getting back on track with my cards for 2020! Thanks for the inspiration!

I Card Everyone said...

Penguins galore, and such cuteness, Jo and Gail!!!
Can't wait to put all those [new] goodies to use for 2020! Playing Christmas cards with you, and the elves, was such a help when it came time to send them, Jo!! xx
=]

Trina P. said...

Adorable penguin cards, Jo. 🐧 And another fun challenge at CK.
Wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous new year! 🎉🥂🍾

Rosmarie said...

Super cute card, Jo! - Hope I'll be able to join in!
Happy New Year with all my best wishes for 2020!
Rosi x

Lindsey said...

I love penguins - and I love your cards! Happy 2020, Jo.

Chris Dring said...

Awww! Love all of these cute little penguins! Fabulous cards!

Janis said...

Such cute cards, Jo!! I love the festive lineup of the little penguins and your amazing snow and sky background. Wow..gorgeous!! Great idea using singles to make a background on your second one. I might see if that will work with a little penguin I found in my stash, too. Thank you for the inspiration!
So glad you are continuing with CKS!! I hope that by holding it monthly during the first half of the year that you are able to get refreshed and caught up on life. It was a good idea to make that change.
Thanks again for all you do! Hugs and Happy New Year!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Lynne in NI said...

LOL I can see why you fell in love with these cuties!!
I was thinking I was cutting it fine to get a penguin card entered, and then I remembered I've the rest of the month hurrah!

Pia S said...

I’m always ready to make Christmas cards, I hate last minute stress and, let’s face it, those cards should be sent out in 11 months already:)
Cute little penguins, looking to cheerful together on the first card and I love the technique used and style of your second one. Happy new year!