I spotted an intriguing challenge: Walk of Fame over at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity and decided that I'd play along.
My original idea was to use an Audrey Hepburn image (may still happen!), but then I came across this stamp and went off in a completely different direction!
This is Annie Oakley from Technique Junkies and I love the quote. It's not easy to read on this picture: 'I ain't afraid to love a man. I ain't afraid to shoot him either.' This may or may not be hubby's Valentine's card. I do feel sorry for my husband as he is married to my sense of humour.
Just been reading about Annie - she was quite a gal!
My vision for this card is that she's standing on a mountain, with the tops of the trees below her. Not sure if it comes across that way, but I did enjoy using those gorgeous Stampers Anonymous Tree Line stamps again. Such a useful addition to my stamp collection as they are so versatile.
There are some fun cards in the Lost Coast gallery and some fab makes from the DT. This really is a little gem of a website to visit.


15 comments:
Oh how perfectly this saying goes with the stamped image! Love the trees in the background as well. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!
Love your card and what a great sentiment! lol
A very cool stamp and quote. Love you mountain top scene and thanks for the kind words about our blog. Hope you get a chance to play with Audrey as well. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity.
That would make a great alternative Valentine card, sure to raise a smile with that fab sentiment... love it x
This is so cool, love that sentiment, made me smile!
Yes, the jury duty was a tough one, and yes, it's going to take a while to leave my head, it's still all very fresh at the moment. Just glad it's over and I can get back to business as usual!
Liz xx
My first smile of the day!! I adore this card. That stamp has been on my wishlist forever. I think I may have to get it now.
its great!
Wow, Jo, I love this! So much fun.
You did such a perfect job with this card! Everything goes togehter so well, and this sentiment is just hilarious!! Although I feel a bit sorry for your husband as well.. hi hi
I love the tree behind the Image
cool card dear Jo
thanks for visting my empty blog LOL
hugs hugs
Monika
Great fun card Jo, great sentiment too, love your sense of humour!!
Hahha, bet this gives him a good laugh!
I read Annie's story, she certainly had an interesting life, but I gotta say .... Poor Dave!! I doubt very much that Ruby would let me shoot an apple from her head!!!1
A great valentine's card and I'm sure your humour is one thing he loves about you.
I love this as a Valentine’s card for hubby, not cute and plenty fun! A great scene you’ve put together.
That sentiment is very good, did you give him it ??? I got a mushy shop bought one for him how bad of me to not make one, I do love this though is a fun creation hugs Pops x
Post a Comment