Tuesday, 21 April 2020

Seizing the Birthday with just hours to spare!


Hi there, I hope you're all keeping well during these difficult times.

I've already played along in Challenge #187 at Seize the Birthday, but decided to do so again because they have a lovely theme for the toppings: Spring Fling!


I love this set from Clearly Besotted. Sadly, it's discontinued so I was delighted to find it offered for sale a while back by a blogging buddy, however Clearly Besotted do have a similar set which you can find here. The blossom is so pretty that I thought rather than colour it I'd leave it plain. I stencilled the background in Spun Sugar and Tattered Rose Distress Inks and added two sweet sentiments from a Jane's Doodles set called Doodle Butterflies. Finishing the card just required some sequins and a little layering in kraft.

The Seize the Birthday gang also have another challenge running until April 28th;


Isn't that great? What a lovely way to thank the ordinary people who are going above and beyond rightnow to look after us and keep us safe.

Stay safe everyone, and keep crafting!

5 comments:

TaeEun said...

Your card is showing the Spring Fling perfectly even without any color on the flowers! The stenciled pink background looks so pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday and for mentioning our extra challenge!

Lindsey said...

This is so pretty, Jo! Love the stencilled background; it really lets the blossoms pop. Thanks for linking up at Seize the Birthday!

Barbara Godden said...

Very pretty, That's my trick slipping in at the last minute. Don't forget the Seize the Heroes there is still time for it.

Maikreations said...

I really love this look! ;o) I would never have thought of leaving the flowers blank, but it looks so elegant and wonderful, especially with the stencilled background ;o)))

Pia S said...

I like the effect of you adding color around the images, rather than on the images themselves. It’s very pretty and springlike.