Wednesday, 22 April 2020

You're Unbelievable!

There's another fun challenge on offer over at Lost Coast and Carmen's Veranda...


and I simply HAD to play along!


I've had this cute stamp for a very, very long time. It's a Suzi Blu stamp called Elena Seaside and was produced by Unity Stamps about ten years ago. Isn't she a beaut? I can't believe that I've not inked her up until now. The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's Loveable Legends set.

I knew I wanted to have her swimming in the sea, but wasn't sure how to achieve the look of water. Then I tried colouring some vellum with Distress Inks and discovered this worked perfectly! A little die cutting and I was done.

I'll probably give this card to my niece as it's her birthday next month, so I decided not to adhere the mermaid to the card for a little added whimsy and fun!


This would have kept me entertained for hours as a child, but I doubt my niece will be quite as excited as I would have been - I was a child of simple tastes who loved to make up stories!



This challenge runs until April 30th, so there's still plenty of time to play along!

Stay safe, and keep crafting!

9 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card and such a great idea to leave the image free to move! Stay safe.x

Laurie said...

What a fun mermaid stamp and love how you have her "swimming" amongst the waves. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Really chuckled to see your mermaid cavorting in the waves, Jo! So adorable!!

Dawn T said...

Very very cleverly done Jo. Great card.

Kath said...

A fabulous card and a great idea not to adhere the mermaid - it would keep me amused to turn her every time I walked into the room!
Kath x

Angelnorth said...

Grapeat fun! The vellum waves look really effective and the head-first pose is perfect for a mermaid escaping the scrutiny of human eyes! Hope your niece enjoys her birthday, however she manages to celebrate it this year.

Lynne in NI said...

LOL too funny Jo!
I always loved the dress up cardboard girls where you cut out their outfits and creased the little tabs so they could 'wear' them, I could have done that for hours on end!

Pia S said...

How clever not to glue the mermaid down, and the pocket of vellum sea is both decorative and practical.

ionabunny said...

Awesome card Jo. So cool to have an interactive mermaid. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz