Tuesday, 23 June 2020

Let's Hop - Game 2 at Card Chain Challenge



Hi there cardmakers, I hope you are all keeping well and finding some happy moments in all the current strangeness.

We're having a blast with the Card Chain Challenge Blog Hop this month and the response has been brilliant. You guys are amazing!

I thought I'd play along in Game #2 today and share a few of my favourite cards that I've sent. I always think that my CCC makes are some of the most unusual and atypical of my cards as the themes vary so much from challenge to challenge and push me to try new things.

Back in May 2019 I sent this card to Dawn in NZ. I'd won this stamp set from the lovely Donna Mikassa and couldn't wait to get it inked up and on it's way as I know how much Dawn likes butterflies.


Another card I enjoyed making was this one from October 2018 which I sent to Hilary. I was delighted to see it featured in her post for Game #4. I especially like that this one came out looking just like the version in my head!


June 2018 was a fun challenge, and gave me the opportunity to ink up some cute monkeys for Arlene!


I love MFT products and am a HUGE fan of the very talented Yoshi who creates the Birdie Brown range. This little dog crossed the miles to Marga in Spain in August 2017. I think that ribbon was still damp when I photographed the card as it looks so juicy.


In June 2014 Dawn was my recipient and this little card reached her in record time as it felt like just a few days after I posted it, Dawn emailed to say it had reached her!


I'd like to say a very big thank you to Deborah for starting the challenge all those years ago. It's always been a favourite challenge and one that gets right to the heart of why I enjoy making and sending homemade cards. I'd like also to thank Gail for stepping in and offering support when things got tough for Deborah. It's been a joy to be so closely involved in this challenge over the last few years, and being a part of this little community of friendship, kindness and crafting just means the world to me!


7 comments:

HilaryJane said...

What a lovely collection of cards you have chosen to highlight and I a very pleased to see the one you sent me is among them. It is such a beautiful CAS card which is right up my street. It was so nice to take the time to go through them all again. As you say, one of the lovely things about the challenge is that it encourages us to make cards of a different style. Sometimes it is possible to know immediately who made a card at first glance but often I am surprised. Thank you for all you do to help the challenge continue, we love it xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful cards.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

You've chosen some beauties, Jo! Just love them all but that CAS vase especially appeals to me!! Thanks for all you do for CCC too!!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards and I was the happy recipient of two of them! And yes I love Butterflies!

Pop's Cards said...

These are all so very beautiful, I love all the different textures on the but the winner is yeah its me so the butterflies, I just love that colours on it, super gorgeous hugs Pops x

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous cards Jo. Love your bright fun style. Hugz

Lynne in NI said...

All fabulous of course! I can tell when you do your posts that this is one of your favourite challenges!