Tuesday, 27 October 2020

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #41 - Festive Florals


This year is certainly flying by and I can't believe we've reached Challenge #41 at Christmas Kickstart.

We're in great company as we welcome our new elf, Arlene Rose, to provide the inspiration for our challenge. 


Our theme is Festive Florals, and I have to admit that I thought I'd feel waaaaaay out of my comfort zone for this one. I rarely use floral images as I'm not great at colouring the flowers and foliage, or designing an attractive layout. However, I got around this problem with this gorgeous stamp set from Mama Elephant called Pine and Posy.



A little gold embossing, an embossing folder and a sweet die cut = job done!

My second card also features images from the same set. 


Do you like the subtle embossed background? I made a DIY embossing folder from cardboard to achieve the look I wanted.

As always, Rudolph has been shopping and has got a lovely prize for this challenge: 



Remember, everyone who enters goes 'into the hat' for Rudolph's Random Raffle, so why not come and join the fun!

11 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Lovely cards. Yes the subtle embossing is lovely, way to think outside the box. (pun intended) Everyone has things they like and some they don't, colouring to me is meditation. Love both your cards, use of the florals is lovely, great design on both.

Cindy C. said...

Both so elegant and gorgeous!!

A.Rose said...

Love the white and gold!

Chris Dring said...

Love both of these cards! Way to get around coloring images, and kudos for using cardboard to emboss!

Lindsey said...

To beautiful - and floral! - cards, Jo! So pretty with the subtle colours. And wow, I haven't DIYed my own embossing folder for years! Thanks for the reminder!

CinnamonSally said...

Your cards are gorgeous Jo, particularly love the first one just so classy!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties with that Pine & Posy set, Jo! Just love all the white with the neutrals!!

Dawn T said...

Stunning cards Jo. Love the subtle embossing you did on the white on white one. It's perfect.

Chrissie said...

Love your cards Jo, the colour palette is so subtly yet elegant!
Chrissie x

ionabunny said...

Love the first card. Beautiful idea to have the florals split to both ends and a beautiful middley bit too. Hugz

Trina P. said...

Clever and effective. Two classy festive floral cards.